Indecisive

Monty pov

I got his number.

I didn't wanna ask him for it because that's gay but he gave it to me so I had to accept it.

What would my dad say if he knew what I did right now with Winston?

I'm so disgusting. I shouldn't have done that.

It felt so good. It's wrong Monty.

But if it's really bad, why does it feel good.

You'll have time to reflect over this later, now, I gotta get back to Bryce before he comes looking for me.

"Hey man where the fuck did you go?"

"Sorry Bryce. This house is so big I got lost trying to find the restroom, and once I found it, I couldn't remember the way I came from."

"Fucking hell. You ready to leave?"

"Yesss. Let's go." I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

Bryce had to help me walk to his car. I know I said I was semi drunk, which I am, but I still have trouble walking which makes it seem like I'm extremely drunk. The difference between the two for me is that I can remember shit when I'm semi drunk.

We walked out the front doors and down the steps.

Great. I noticed Winston sitting at the bottom. Just great. Please, I hope he doesn't say anything.

"Hey umm I had fun tonight. We should hang out some time."

My eyes got big. Winston said that so loud that Bryce stopped in his tracks and looked at me. There was no way out of this. No excuse, no nothing to help save my ass from my best friend finding out I'm a faggot.

So I did what I always did when I was in trouble that I couldn't get out of. When I couldn't solve a problem. I turned to violence.

"The fuck did you say to me faggot." I'm so sorry Winston. That's all I kept repeating in my head. I really don't want to do this.

"Woah dude come on chill." Winston said. He had the same look on his face when I pulled his collar earlier after he kissed me. He was scared. I made him that way. Because of me: the guy who denies the real him, Winston couldn't express his feelings towards me.

I mouthed to him "I'm sorry."

He looked so confused and terrified. That all went away after I swung at his face. I knocked him straight to the ground. He tried crawling away, pushing me, and blocking his face. I was stronger than him, and I took advantage of that.

I was throwing punches from left to right, straight to his face.

Bryce and some guys that were close to Winston pulled me off, but they couldn't keep me back. I had to show Bryce that I didn't know this guy. I never had an encounter with him.

"Alright Monty THATS enough." Bryce shouted. Bryce actually knocked some sense into me with a good punch to the stomach.

It hurt bad.

Not because it was a hard punch but because he punched the same spot where my dad had hit me earlier today. Bryce didn't know that though. It wasn't his fault.

I immediately backed up from Winston. I stared at him in shock. I really messed his face up. He had blood coming from his lip and nose. Winston was just looking straight up at the sky, trying to control his breathing, all because of me. I was about to turn away and leave with Bryce. That's when Winston finally turned towards me and made eye contact.

It was that look of betrayal. But his eyes had sympathy in them. It was strange.

I got out of thoughts with a hard pull from Bryce.

"Stay here and don't get out."

I just sat in the car.

Winston pov

The way Monty was when we kissed, I could tell he was a good guy. I just didn't know if he showed it or if he needed help to find it in him.

After he beat the shit out of me. I knew he needed help. Specifically, my help.

I will admit, I felt betrayed by him because I trusted him enough to not tell anyone what we did in the bedroom earlier. But I still wanted to show him I understood why he was being like this. I want to help him. The people he hangs out with most definitely do not try and help him become a better person.

Bryce took Monty to his car and told him to stay in there. Bryce was walking back towards me and some other guys that were helping me.

We talked for some time, and Bryce agreed to pay me a couple thousands so I wouldn't call the cops.

It's not like I'd call the cops anyways.

This boy named Alex that had shown up to buy some steroids from Bryce asked me "Why'd he go after you?"

"No idea." But I did. I did have an idea.

Bryce went back to his car with Monty. I saw Bryce tell him something. I wonder what he said. After that, they drove off out of here.

And for some reason, I decided I should follow them. I needed to talk to Monty.

I got up from the steps. "Are you good to drive tonight?" Purcell, my friend asked me. "Yes of course. I'm good. See you."

I walked as fast as I could to my car, which wasn't fast at all considering the condition I was in.

I finally made it. I started the ignition, put my seatbelt on, and stepped on the gas.

I thought they already had gone far, but I saw their car when I reached a stop light. I stayed 2 cars behind them, and to the right so I wouldn't be spotted.

I was following them for some time and by the time I knew it, I was on the other side of town.

Bryce made a turn into a neighborhood. I turned my car lights off and stayed a good distance away from them. Once I saw Bryce's brake lights light up, I rolled down my windows and parked behind this random car across from Monty's house.

It took Monty a while to get out of the car. They were probably talking about what happened earlier.

"I'll take care of it Monty, I always do." Bryce shouted and drove off. When Bryce shouted, Monty turned to his house, and his eyes got big. Like he was scared of something.

What was he so scared of.

Monty was standing outside of his house still. He didn't go inside yet. Strange.

The light from the inside of his house turned on, and the door opened. It was a man. I'm assuming it's his dad, he looks quite old.

"Where the fuck were you?!" The man said angrily. "I was out with Bryce."

"Again. What are you some kind of faggot? You're always with him. Don't tell me you are a faggot?"

So that's why he acted the way he did. Because his dad is a close-minded, homophobic son of a bitch. Makes sense.

Monty didn't say anything. His dad went back in and slammed the door. Monty stayed outside and started searching all over the grass. What was he looking for?

That's when his dad came back out. This time, he wasn't empty handed. He had some type of bat in his hand.

His dad swung it at his face. Monty fell to the ground. But that didn't stop his dad from continuing. He hit him about 10 times in the stomach, 5 times in the back, and 3 times on his legs.

I had seen enough of it, and his dad wasn't stopping anytime soon. So I did what I thought would stop him.

I turned on my car alarm. It was so loud it even startled me.

Monty's dad finally stopped. He threw the bat in the yard and went back inside. He left Monty on the floor, barely able to move.

Call me crazy, but I got out of my car and ran to help him.