Out

3rd person pov

Monty finally went home after a long day of thinking for excuses to why Winston didn't say "I love you" back. It made Monty feel somewhat pissed because he's never felt like this about anyone and Winston didn't feel the same back.

He must've done something wrong for him to not say it back. Maybe it was too soon?

Monty threw himself on his bed and just stared at the ceiling. Then his eyes made it over to the ceiling fan. He watched how it spun over and over and over again. It felt hypnotic.

A knock on his door took him out of his thoughts.

He didn't have to ask who it was because he knew the only people that knocked in his house were his mom and his sister. He narrowed it down to Estella because his mom hasn't been home for about a week.

"Come in." Monty said sadly.

"I hate to be the type of sister that's in your business, but I can't help but ask, are you okay? You sound sad."

Monty couldn't help but think, was he that obvious when it came to his feelings. Surely he should've perfected faking them thanks to his dad, I guess even your sibling can see right through.

Monty pov

"You'd think I would've become an expert on pretending I'm something I'm not."

"Yeah with dad. You can never show that your scared."

I sighed out loud. "Yeah that too."

Estella looked so confused. She thought that was the only thing I was pretending about.

"What else is there?"

My heart started to beat really fast. I thought I'd have a heart attack soon. I knew she would accept me no matter what, but I still felt scared.

"I'm gonna be honest with you, because I've been keeping this a secret for a while now. And at this point I can't keep it hidden away any longer because...well.... I'm in love."

Her mouth dropped open.

"My brother finally is in love. Who is she? Do I know her?"

"Well you don't know her. But I think you might've seen him around the school."

Estella basically squealed when I said "him".
"I knew it." She muttered but I could still hear her.

"Wait, what do you mean you knew it?" I was so confused. How did she know?

"Well I kinda put it together. You never really talked about any girls. And when you did, your face would always space out and stuff. I noticed the first time you spaced out and then it happened every time you talked about a girl."

"I'm that obvious huh?" I chuckled softly. My mind started to think back to Winston and how he didn't say he loved me back. My eyes started tearing up and Estella noticed.

"What's wrong Monty?"

"I told him I loved him today. And-and he d-didn't say it back. But it was so weird because he didn't leave or get freaked out when I said it." I was still crying at this point but I was angry too.

"Well if he stayed with you after maybe he does love you, but he's just afraid to say it. He could have trust issues because of someone that hurt him before. You never know. You should talk to him."