chapter 30

"i love you" Carl said, snaking his arm around your waist

"i love you too" you whispered, pecking his nose

"was that good?" Carl asked

"the best it's ever been" you giggled

"really?" he asked

"I mean- we always have good sex, but this time.. that... it was epic"

"epic?" he giggled

"epic" you laughed, kissing his bare chest

"hey, we're having a meeting- OH SHIT, SORRY" Michonne said, walking into the room, then covering her eyes and walking out

"shit" Carl said, throwing a shirt at you, putting his boxers on

"sorry!" you yelled, slipping the shirt over your head and putting on Carl's sleeping pants

"are you decent?" she asked, opening the door slightly

"yeah" Carl laughed

"anyways, what I was saying, we're having a meeting downstairs, your dad wants both of you down there"

"we'll be right down" you giggled 

"try to keep it in your pants, Carl" she teased before leaving the two of you alone, causing you to burst into laughter seconds later.

"not funny!!" he giggled

"so funny!!" you laughed, changing your pants, putting your belt and thigh straps on, including your hand gun, knife, flashlight, and your beloved screwdriver.

you walked downstairs, hand in hand, earning flirtatious grins from everyone.

"okay, you can stop with the sex shaming looks now" you giggled

"no shaming here" rosita said, raising her hands in surrender, giggling

"can we just start now?" you asked, standing behind the couch, where Carl was sitting, rubbing his shoulders

"we're going to the sanctuary" Rick said "we're gonna defeat them once and for all"

"all of us?" Carl asked

"no. not you. you have to stay here with Judith" he said

"and y/n?" Carl asked, Rick paused for a moment, before replying

"no. she's a good soldier, we need her" he said, causing you to be surprised

good soldier? since when?

"and I'm not?!" Carl asked, growing angry

"Carl, calm down. it's oka-"

"no it's not okay!" he shouted, standing up "it's not okay that he's sending my girlfriend on a suicide mission but not me! what if no one protects you?!" he shouted

"I don't need protected, carl. I can handle myself!" you yelled

"no, you can't! you're not as strong as you think you are!" he yelled.

at this point, you'd had enough. you scoffed at him, and walked away. for the first time in a long time (she bowed her head to pray, she said I'm sorry for they way- okay nvm. if you know that song ily.) you went back to your room at Carol's. it's been forever since you'd been there. since you were angry, you stormed straight to your room, and slammed the door, practically throwing yourself on the bed, letting out a loud sigh.

not as strong as I think I am? how ridiculous? I'm stronger than he thinks.

it seemed like hours had passed, yet the sun was still high in the sky. you grew bored, so you walked downstairs to see what Carol was doing, yet she was nowhere to be found. you walked outside, still looking for her, but only managed to run into Enid and Judith.

"hey" Enid said

"what's up?" you asked, tickling Judith's belly

"Carl really wants you to meet him in the courtyard"

"I really don't want to talk to him right now" you said

"trust me, you want to hear this" she said, leading you to the courtyard

once you arrived, you saw several people gathered around in a circle, you grew confused. as enid cleared her throat, the circle then opened to reveal Carl standing in the middle. you furrowed your eyebrows as he gave you a warm smile.

"come here" he whispered. you did as he said and walked up to him, extremely confused.

"what is this?" you asked

"just wait." he said, pulling out a small, black, velvet box.

he then continued to kneel in front of you, causing you to gasp.

is he really doing this?

"Carl?" you asked

"y/n. you are the most beautiful girl i know. everytime I look at you, I see happiness. I see a future. my personal favorite part about you, is your eyes. the way they light up when you talk about something you love, the way they have a fiery glow when someone puts your loved ones in harm's way, the way those eyes soften when you look at me every night. those eyes, they're the ones I want to look into forever. I was wrong, earlier, when I said you aren't as strong as you think you are, it was a big fat lie. you are as strong as you think you are, but I think you're stronger than you know. I know it. I love you, y/n." he said, opening the box to reveal a small silver ring with a decent sized diamond. "it was my mom's. dad gave it to me, so I could pass it on to you" he smiled.

"Carl, it's beautiful" you giggled, putting your hands over your mouth

"will you marry me?" he asked

heyyyyy so ik this is kinda a short chapter compared to my other ones, I just had to get an update out. can you believe Carl actually proposed???? ik me either. love all y'all hoes!!!