+maid café(2)+

here's the second part I hope you like ;-;

That night I let my thoughts roam as far as they could. It all felt like a fever dream to me. And I couldn't help but feel like he was watching me this very moment. Those unreadable gray orbs of his, simply piercing into my soul through the darkness. Why was he so determined to take me? Was I really that special? Of course not. God, why was this like one of those arranged marriages?

He really was a charming guy. And I did need money... NO! Like Hell was I going to become a gold digger. Not like Mom. She was the worst of the worst. She only stuck around for the fame and fortune. No pure intentions. No love.

Dad didn't love her either. Their entire marriage was just one big façade. The only places the three of us spent any quality time together were at family gatherings and charity events. Other than that, we were pretty much strangers. I remember overhearing them wishing they had a son instead. My heart wasn't broken, though. I barely knew the people, so we had no attachments besides blood.

While we were at the auction, I snuck away from all of the panic and disaster. That's when I met Chrollo. He looked pretty beat up, so I offered him some help. I was so naïve. I didn't think twice about the chance of him being the mastermind behind the chaos of the city. I just acted out without thinking. Dad recognized him immediately at first glance, and instead of warning me to get away from him or to head to safety, he accused me of working with the Troupe and had plans of betraying the family name all along.

I begged and pleaded for forgiveness from him, I didn't even know why. But he struck me in the face and disowned me on the spot. I became officially alone. I then soon found out that feeling lonely in a crowd compared to being lonely on your own were two, entirely different things.

God! Why was I even thinking about that?! I wiped those two from my mind completely, but the mere thought of Chrollo forced me to relive my past life. I sniffled as the tears rushed out. Would staying by Chrollo's side be my only source of happiness?

I didn't want to think so, but I just felt so pathetic on my own. Like parasite with no host. Just... nothing. As more sobs raked through my body, I felt someone's presence draw near. "Just look at you. I'm not even gone for more than a few hours and here you are, crying like a child," I heard Chrollo tease subtly.

I jerked up in the midst of my tears. "How did-how the Hell did you get in here?" I stammered as I poorly rubbed my eyes. "I have my ways. I'm a thief remember?" I ignored him. The weight on my mattress shifted suddenly, and I could feel his body heat. "Wanna talk about it?" I shrugged, though he couldn't see it.

"I was thinking about... my parents. I was thinking about how they-how they h-hate me. And how... worthless I am," I blubbered. This was so embarrassing. I couldn't believe I was wailing like an idiot to a man I hardly knew. But he did break into my home, so I guess it was fair. I went stiff as his large hand began to rub my back soothingly. But I melted into his touch almost instantly.

"You are worth than more you realize. I believe, everyone in this world has their own worth. Even when they don't think they do. And I'd like to be worth something to you as well. If you'll accept me..." I exhaled. "You don't get it, Chrollo. Relationships, these things take time and commitment. You make it look so easy, when it's so much to bare." His next words were laced with desperation. "Then show me. I want to know how it works. We can start off slow," he suggested.

I shook my head at the stubborn fool. "Let's talk about this in the morning. Or will you be gone by the time I wake up?"

"No, I promise I'll be here. I can rest beside you if you want," he offered. Why was he being so affectionate all of a sudden? Anyway, I was too exhausted to respond. I flopped on my side, facing the wall. I later felt him do the same. At first I was uncomfortable with him being so close to me, but when I was convinced he wouldn't do anything suspicious, I fell into a world of dreamless sleep.