+where home is+

i still don't get this new wattpad update. like i'll spend a whole minute looking for my profile and then i forget it's hiding up in the top corner

As I recall, it was around 11:47 at night when I stepped into the comforting heat of my shower. The pattering of hot water against my back helped remove some of my built up anxiety. However, as comforting and refreshing as it was, it did little to soothe my turmoil.

I finished washing up and turned the water off. I was very reluctant to leave my temporary oasis. My entire body prickled with goosebumps as soon as my feet came into contact with the icy, cold tile. As I was throwing on my pajamas, I couldn't help but let my mind wander.

It's been a little over two months since his "business trip" to York New for the auction. Whenever the troupe was on a heist, it always felt like they took a part of me with them. I was out of place when Chrollo wasn't around. Like there was some deep, overwhelming hole in my heart. It sounded cheesy thinking about it, but it was nothing but the truth.

It was like I was a parasite.

When I was with Chrollo, I felt complete, and when I wasn't I was ultimately nothing. He gave me the world just by doing simple gestures, such as kissing me on the cheek in the mornings and even greeting me after a long day.

He was such a cliché. Everyday, he'd enter the apartment announcing, "honey, I'm home~" in a sing-song voice. Damn, I really missed him.

Not desiring to do much with my hair, I smoothed it back and slid a headband over it. Before I could start to wash my face, the doorbell rang. I was alarmed to say the least. Who would visit so late? Chrollo said he wouldn't be back for another three weeks.

I cautiously padded to the door and squinted into the peephole. Apparently no one was there. Not convinced, I opened it anyway. "Have you already forgotten my rule about locking your doors at night, Y/n? I'm hurt. If I was a criminal, I would've broken in by now."

Standing to my right was the very man my heart ached so badly for. "Ahaha, but... you are a criminal," I laughed. My eyes pooled with more tears than I could comprehend. I went into autopilot and leapt into his arms. I squeaked merrily as Chrollo briefly lifted me up and twirled me around.

Not a seconds delay and I was right back into his strong embrace. The familiar scent of books and expensive cologne wafted into my nose. "I m-missed you so much," I wailed into his coat. My lover hushed me by patting my hair and whispering sweet nothings into to my ear. Never have I felt so warm and secure under his touch.

"Let's go inside. You'll catch a cold with your hair all wet," he soothed. I wiped away my remaining tears and nodded. Soon enough, we were snuggled on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket watching the Twilight Zone.

With my head gently resting against his sturdy chest, I then asked, "Why did you get to come home so early?" The ungodly attractive man dropped his gaze to me. "Well, I actually just used the extra three weeks as a surprise," confessed Chrollo. I scoffed and playfully smacked his bicep. He rubbed his arm, acting as if he were in pain.

"Would you like me to tell you about the heist?" My eyes lit up with curiosity and I hummed in approval.
Chrollo huffed out a sigh and leaned into the couch's back with his arm still holding me close. "Where do I begin? Everything was going smoothly, but a few kids intervened." I perked up. "Kids? Did they cause you a lot of trouble?" I questioned, nearly baffled.

"Well for starters, one of them took down Uvo. He also held me hostage for a while and placed a nen dagger in my heart, along with Paku's," he said rather nonchalantly, though I could sense the grief in his eyes. "Uvogin? He's dead? Wait, what happened to Pakunoda?"