two

* thanks for all the support so far. i love reading your comments - keep 'em coming! (also please get some tissues) *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"Are you ready? We need to get to the MTC." I glanced at my watch as I tapped my foot against the laminate flooring of the hallway in Lando's apartment. He was always so late and I couldn't understand it. I was the most punctual person ever and even if I was one minute later than scheduled, I felt guilty. I couldn't believe my best friend was like this after growing up alongside me.

"Five minutes," Lando rushed through the hallway of his apartment with his toothbrush in his mouth. I rolled my eyes, brushing my fingers across the soft material of my white McLaren polo shirt. I was becoming rather impatient, and even more so now that we were already ten minutes late. We were due at the McLaren Technology Centre in a matter of minutes and my best friend was still rushing around like he had all the time in the world to get ready. I watched him with a glare. We needed to get to the MTC in time for Lando to change into his race suit before the official car launch. "Stop looking at me like that!"

"We're ten minutes late, Lando. Get your shit together and hurry up," I was beginning to feel rather infuriated now, digging my teeth into my bottom lip. I turned around and opened the front door. "I have your keys. I'll be waiting in the car."

I closed the door behind me with a sigh and casually strolled towards the lift. I wasn't rushing; it would still be another five minutes before Lando even left the apartment. I was so annoyed at him. If he'd not been involved with McLaren for a while and they didn't already know that his punctuality was literally non-existent, he would've been kicked from his seat. Or, he would've been, if I was in charge.

The launch of the MCL34 was scheduled to begin in an hour or so and Lando had a few people to speak to for media purposes beforehand. I'd been on his back ever since I arrived at his apartment, telling him that he needed to shower and get himself ready, which he obliged to, but somehow, he still didn't seem to understand my instructions. I loved my best friend, but his lateness was always rather annoying although I'd learnt how to live with it.

I perched myself in the passenger seat of Lando's car, chewing on my nails nervously as I waited for him to appear. As his Public Relations manager and officer, I was responsible for him, so I felt like this was my fault. I didn't want to lose my job. I was definitely overthinking it, but I was worried because the season was yet to start and Lando was just as inept when it came to time management as before.

"Finally," I exhaled, folding my arms across my chest when Lando took his spot in the drivers' seat. I glanced at him, with butterflies in my stomach, as he started up the engine, passing his orange McLaren cap to me and resting it in my lap. "Lando, we're so behind schedule. You need to start listening to me and hurry yourself up when you get ready."

"I'm sorry," he backed out of the parking space and placed his hands firmly on the wheel. He was red in the face, clearly flustered after rushing around to get ready. "Please don't be mad. I'm nervous."

"That doesn't give you a valid reason to be fifteen minutes off schedule, Lando," I was annoyed at him, but I could never stay mad for long, especially when it came to my best friend. He didn't mean it. He didn't want to make my life difficult, and I understood that he was nervous. "Don't let it happen again. It makes my life much harder."

"I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you," he shook his head as he turned onto the main road, heading in the direction of the MTC. I could see his knee bouncing up and down as he chewed on his lip. "I'm still making dinner for you tonight, aren't I? You'll still stay over, won't you?."