Chap#20

MAYA: Wohoo! Faith you almost set fire on the dance floor!

FAITH(laughs)

MAYA: But how can you accept Marcus' dance offer? Oohh I get it  you wanted to make Nathan jealous just like he did it with Molly

FAITH(chokes & denies): What? Noo way... Why  would I be jealous? And that too of his friend....Absolutely not

MAYA: Whatever you say

*Everyone gets so busy winding up that Faith starts to get a little bored roaming around, so she goes towards the table at the corner where the henna plates are kept. She runs her finger tip on the surface until she hears a close whisper...*

NATHAN: What are you doing?

*She jumps from her position and bumps into him as she turns, accidentally causing the henna on her finger to stain his hand*

NATHAN(unpleasingly): Not again! First ubtan now henna, seriously?

FAITH(raises her hands in defense): Not my fault. You were the one who scared me

*As she walks away Nathan sees a flower falling from her hair so......*

NATHAN: Faith?

*Faith stops and turns around, Nathan bends to pickup the fallen flower. She's doesn't know why he stopped her so she just watches him. Slowly he advances towards her and gently places the flower back into her hair, their eyes never leaving each other's. He gives a divine smile and moves past her leaving her dazzled. The ceremony comes to an end and Nathan's friends start to leave....*

MOLLY: Bye Nathan tonight was fun

NATHAN: I agree, thanks for accepting the invitation

*They exchange smiles and hug each other while Faith watches from them corner of her eye and marches towards Maya*

MAYA: What's wrong now? Why are you frowning?

FAITH(fast mode): How flirty! Here he's being all sweet giving hugs to Molly and a while ago he was dancing with me and placing flower in my.....

MAYA: Flower? Where? In your hair?

FAITH(blushes): Nothing....you only heard that?

MAYA(wiggles her eyebrows): I was listening to everything, now spill!

FAITH: Lol okay

*She tells Maya*

MAYA(teases): Aww how cute, that is why you despise her because she's playing the gooseberry

FAITH: Just shut it Maya

MAYA(laughs)

*Then everybody set off back to their homes*

author's note- I know that there were no flowers in Faith's hair in the displayed pic, just imagine there were. If you liked the scene then vote!✌🏻❤️