Chap#14

*After a week or so.....*

FAITH'S MOM: Do you want to join us at uncle Peter's today?

FAITH: For?

FAITH'S MOM: Anne has called me and your aunts, there are some wedding preparations to be made

FAITH: Oh! Is anyone else going? What about Maya?

FAITH'S MOM: No one else

FAITH(confused): Ohh.. Okay...

*They leave for their house after sunset. While there, Nathan is getting ready to hang out with his friends tonight...*

NATHAN(to himself): There's no use of staying in, all the ladies will be gathered here to help mom out with all the arrangements, I don't have much to do so it's better if I spend some time with my friends

*As he opens up his front gate he sees everyone standing*

NATHAN: Oh! Hello ladies! Please come inside

FAITH'S AUNT: Are you going somewhere?

NATHAN: Yeah, actually I'm going out with my friends

*As they start stepping inside, in the end Faith enters who wasn't visible to him before. Nathan didn't knew she would be here too...*

FAITH: Hi! Looks like you're going somewhere. Anyways have fun!

*Nathan pauses for a second and thinks that he shouldn't leave her like this specially when he's got one more chance, so he decides to stay in tonight. He loudly calls out to his mother...*

NATHAN(smirks): Mom! I guess I should be staying in for tonight, after all we have guests over

*After meetings and greetings and some talking it's time for some arrangements to be done*

NATHAN'S MOM: Let's start packing up these dresses, while Faith you can pack up the jewelry sets kept in that room(she points at a room in the corner)

*Faith nods and heads towards the room and Nathan follows up. She sits on the bed along with the jewelry sets, gift paper and tape around her. Nathan leans in the door with his arms crossed*

NATHAN: Do you need help?

FAITH(looks at him): Um no! Not yet!

*He comes inside and sits in the bed too*

FAITH: Why are you here?

NATHAN(laughs): I don't think I need anyone's permission to enter this room. As you can see this is MY room

*Faith looks around and seems a bit embarrassed at this point but he laughs it off, she looks away and focuses on packing. She unlocks the sets to have a look*

FAITH: Wow! These are so beautiful!

NATHAN: Are you fond of these types of jewelries?

FAITH: Not really! These are way heavier. I prefer simple and decent jewelry

NATHAN(under his breath): Noted

FAITH: Did u say something?? Anyways can u please cut some tape so that it's easier for me to stick it

NATHAN(smiles): See it's not that hard to ask for help

*Faith smiles and rolls her eyes. Nathan cuts a few pieces of tape and sticks onto his fingers on one hand. One at a time she takes it from his fingers and sticks, in order to wrap the gift. While doing so a strand of hair falls on her face. Nathan sees, so he moves it behind her hair with his other hand. Faith is caught off guard and freezes by his action and their eyes lock for five seconds until Faith speaks up*

FAITH: Uhmmm we need more.....

NATHAN(misunderstanding): What?

FAITH: Tape. We need more tape.

NATHAN: Oh

*He then cuts more tape for her to wrap. At last all is done*

NATHAN: Nice! Neatly done!

FAITH(smiles): Thanks

*She handsover the packed jewelry sets to Nathan's mother and she even appreciates her neat work. Everyone's sitting downstairs, a sudden plan is made by the ladies to visit a market nearby. The gents are already not at home, so the only people left behind are Faith, Nathan along with Mary's kids. Faith goes back to the room to use the bathroom while Nathan sits on his bed using his phone. Out of fun Kevin and Jess quietly lock the two of them inside. When Faith comes out from the bathroom she turns the knob of the bedroom door and it does not open*

FAITH: Why isn't this door opening?

NATHAN(teases): Didn't knew you were that weak? You can't even pull a door?

*Nathan tries to open but he fails too and realizes that someone might have locked it from outside*

FAITH(crossing her arms/sarcastically): What's wrong now strong guy? You still want to label me as weak?

author's note- Nathan's being a helping hand ;) Ahhh they're locked inside a room together. Let's see what happens next. Click on the start to vote!✌🏻❤️