Chap#27

*Maya, Faith and her mother arrive at Nathan's to return the gifts from last night, they get seated in the drawing room. Nathan's in his room, Maya signals Faith so she insists on carrying the gifts upstairs so that she could meet him privately. On her way.....*

MARCUS: What a pleasant surprise! No greetings nothing, where to?

FAITH(stops): Hello? Hi! How're you? I'm fine! Bye!

*She turns away but he quickly grabs her hand....*

MARCUS: What's the rush? Let's have a nice talk

*She jerks her hand away doubtful of Marcus' intentions*

FAITH: I have to carry these gifts upstairs.......so bye...

*As soon as she walks Marcus towers in front of her blocking her way and slowly takes steps closer to her, she starts stepping back....*

FAITH(uneasily): W....why are you.....

*He cuts her in middle of her question by clasping both of her arms and pinning her to the wall. The gifts drop from her hand and now she's frightened, she tries to free herself but his force is much stronger. Marcus slowly leans in closer and Faith's way too afraid to scream for help. Just in time someone's fist connect to his jaw so hard that causes him to land on the ground. It's none other than Nathan who's jaw is clenched and his hands balled in a fist due to anger....*

NATHAN(infuriated/bawl out): HOW DARE YOU LAY HANDS ON HER? STAY AWAY FROM FAITH. I WAS ALREADY AWARE OF YOUR INTENTIONS FROM DAY ONE. TONIGHT'S YOUR FLIGHT RIGHT? GREAT, BECAUSE NOW IF I SEE YOU ANYWHERE NEAR HER YOU WON'T RETURN HOME IN ONE PIECE!!

*Nathan holds her wrist and lead her to his room upstairs leaving Marcus stunned and holding his jaw in pain. Nathan kindly makes her sit on the bed. Faith's sad feeling disgusted and mistreated....*

NATHAN: Don't worry! I'm here with you

*And without hesitation Faith embraces him in a hug, tears roll from her eyes wetting his shirt a little, he hugs her back and consoles her, they pull away slowly*

NATHAN: Stay here. I'll get you some water

*She sits back on the bed and Nathan exits the room leaving behind his phone which starts to ring the minute leaves. Faith can't just answer someone's phone but after it rings continously for five minutes straight, she decides to answer it incase if it's an important call. Putting it on speaker as soon as she opens her mouth to speak, the person on the other side of the phone speaks up....*

MIKE: Hey man! Sup? How's your 'revenge' plan going so far? Faith must be here at the moment right? Do remember your next move should be so impactful that she finally say those three magical words and you reject her on the spot. Hahahaha that would be so embarrassing for her but anyways you my boy will Succeed!!

*Before Faith could process everything she just heard, she feels Nathan's presence who's face turned white in fear and worry. Faith's shocked, her heart is shattered, tears swarm up in her eyes, she just cannot believe that Nathan could do something like this. Nathan steps close....*

NATHAN: Faith! Listen...I.....I can explain......

*She gestures her hand to stop right there and feeling hurt tried to get away but he holds her hand in order to stop her*

NATHAN: Faith just listen to me first....

FAITH(jerks her hand away): Don't! Just don't!

*She runs downstairs to Maya wiping her tears, upon seeing her face...*

MAYA(worried): Oh my! Faith why are you crying

FAITH: Please tell my mom that we have to go back home

MAYA: But what happened?

FAITH(controlling her tears): Please Maya please for now we have to go, I can't stay any longer. I'll tell you once we reach home

*Maya asks her mom if they can leave lying that Faith's having a terrible headache. When they're leaving Nathan comes running down the stairs he looks towards Faith as if he's sorry but she turns away avoiding him*

author's note- Marcus showed his true colors but like a hero Nathan saved Faith from that prik. Mike's timing was so wrong, poor Faith. It rains when it pours. Everything's a mess, will Nathan be able to make things right?