Chap#18

FAITH: Ouch!

*She looks up and finds that she has bumped into Marcus whose eyes are locked at her*

FAITH: Oops... Sorry!

*As she takes a step forward, Marcus brings his arm in front of her in order to block her way*

MARCUS: Are you running away?

FAITH: No why would I?

MARCUS: Oh I just realized we haven't applied ubtan to eachother yet

FAITH(reluctant): Um... It's not necessary...

*Meanwhile his sister appear from behind and they start chanting and insisting. Which is why Faith has to agree*

FAITH: Alright fine fine!

*She takes some ubtan and applies a little bit on Marcus' cheek*

MARCUS' SIS: Now it's your turn big brother

*Faith hesitates but she has no choice. Marcus comes closer and affectionately applies ubtan on her cheeks with both of his hands, she doesn't keep an eye contact and then as soon as he's done....*

FAITH: That's enough...I guess...

*She walks away leaving behind Marcus smiling slyly. Eventually Nathan joins everyone downstairs and starts to rejoice, Faith's happy to see Nathan actually enjoying. Then Faith goes to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water, Marcus sees this as an opportunity and follows. As she's filling up her glass Marcus speaks up from behind....*

MARCUS(flirtily): White suits you

*Recognizing his voice she turns around and asks...*

FAITH(ignores): You need something?

MARCUS: Yep I'm thirsty. Can you please fetch me some water?

*After she drinks she gets another glass for him but he interrupts her.... *

MARCUS: It's fine I can use the same glass

*Faith looks at him in astonishment but does as he says, Marcus smugs as she leaves the kitchen. The dinner goes on along with chit chats and all..*

MAYA: Listen up Faith

FAITH: Yes?

MAYA: What's going on with Marcus? I saw you both applying ubtan to eachother

FAITH: Oh that? Don't ask. Just because her sisters wouldn't stop chanting

MAYA: How clingy and annoying!

FAITH(snorts): Tell me about it!

*The function ends...*

author's note- Marcus has started to show his flirty side which is why Faith was so reluctant. And what a plus point for Faith as Nathan was convinced enough that the ubtan function isn't so bad after all.