Chapter 23

The rest of the dance went by in a blur after you and Levi made up. Without the weight on your chest, you were fully able to enjoy yourself.

You and your friends got to the cabin sweaty and tired from all the dancing.

"That was awesome." Sasha panted, once she got onto her bunk.

"Damn straight." you agreed, brushing your hair.

"You guys, dancing with Armin was the best part. He was red the whole time!" Annie announced. You all smiled and complimented their relationship, your thoughts drifting to the one of your own. Hopefully, by the time camp was over, the four of you would all be with your respective objects of affection.

Though Levi was so much more.

"Oh wait, Mikasa, that reminds me," you broke in, "when I danced with Eren, he was staring at you the whole time!"

"He was?" she asked, showing her rare girly side.

"Yeah, he was all flushed and everything!"

"Okay (Y/N), but don't act like Levi didn't practically hug you." Sasha added.

"HE WHAT?" Annie gasped. You blushed a brilliant red.

"Yeah, and I forgot to tell you guys. He was pissed at me for wearing this-"

"Yeah, probably because he couldn't control his di-"

"ANYWAY, he said something about wanting to protect me from the other guys."

"AWW!" Sahsa sang.

"I told him I had a boyfriend to see what his reaction would be."

"What did he do?" Mikasa asked.

"He was so sad! He wouldn't even look at me!"

"I'd say I feel bad, but I don't." Mikasa snorted. You rolled your eyes.

"OH, GUYS! CONNIE AND I KEPT MAKING EYE CONTACT!" Sasha announced.

"Yeah, because the two of you were at the snack table the whole time." Annie said.

"Well yeah, but we had a ton of fun." Sasha snapped back.

Historia and Hange walked into the cabin right after Sasha's quip, and you all retold your stories. Historia shared a story of her own about Ymir sneaking into the boys' line for a dance, and then threatening to beat up Reiner because he'd tried to make a move on Historia.

The evening was therapeutic for you, and you fell asleep to the quiet whispers of your friends.

As usual, the next morning, you woke up with an obstruction above your face.

"Damn it Hange, why can't you be normal?" you groaned, pushing her out of the way.

"Because I'm brilliant!" she sang. You grumbled something not very nice and stood up.

"Alright, what are we doing today?"

"It's track day!"

"Wait what? What are we tracking?" you asked, confused.

"You idiot. Track, as in running." Sasha snorted.

"Oh." you said. "Sorry, I'm still tired."

You got dressed for the day in a pair of white Nike shorts and a blue top.