Chapter 27

"What in God's Green Earth is going on here?" Nifa shouted. Her voice cracked when she spoke, probably out of disbelief. Not that you blamed her.

Eren straightened up and hopped off Jean's back. "We were just messing around, sir." he said, in a professional tone.

Jean slapped him.

"Er- I mean ma'am!"

Nifa turned a color that you'd never seen on a fellow human before.

"ALL OF YOU. WILL BE PUNISHED." she spat out. You ducked your head in shame.

"Tomorrow morning, I expect all of you at the dining hall. You're cleaning again. I expected better out of you."

Everyone groaned except Levi, who huffed in approval.

Nifa noticed the motion. "Except you, Levi. We need a helping hand with the younger kids tomorrow."

"SHIT." he cursed under his breath. You were the only one who heard him, and you touched his arm sympathetically.

Nifa stood there for a moment in the doorway. "BED. ALL OF YOU!" she suddenly yelled.

The boys practically raced out the door; terrified of Nifa's wrath. Levi took one last meaningful look at you, before he followed his friends.

You watched him go, before Nifa shot you a knowing glare. You squealed, and rushed after Sasha.

"Good God, she should be a drill sergeant or something." Annie said, panting. You'd all made it into the cabin alive, somehow.

"She needs a therapist." you snapped.

"She needs a bad bleep-" Hange started to sing.

"NO!" you cut her off.

Hange snorted. "Where'd you and Levi sneak off to today?" she asked. Loudly.

You flushed. "Uh, you noticed?"

"I mean, yeah. We look up, and the two of you are just gone."

You wondered how to share the events without giving away the personal details. And the location of the clearing.

"We went out to watch the sunset and-"

"YOU WHAT? KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE WATTPAD-" Hange started to say, but Mikasa threw a pillow at her with deadly aim.

"Anyway, I took him over to a spot next to the soccer fields to watch the sunset, and-SHUT UP HANGE- and then we talked for a while. And then he sorta... let me lay on his chest-"

"WAIT WHAT? AWW!" Sasha cried.

"Sasha, use your indoor voice!" Mikasa commanded.

"And then I told him I liked him."

"FUCKING FINALLY!" Hange shouted.

"Wait, but does he like you?" Mikasa asked. Under her calm voice was a touch of jealousy. You figured she wanted the same thing, with Eren.

"Yes..." you said, a smile finding your face.

Sasha slapped hands with Mikasa. "Our little baby is all grown up!" she gushed.

"Oh, shove off."

"I shall not." she declared.

"Alright, that's two down!" Annie shouted. "Mikasa, you're next!"

Mikasa turned pink. "I don't think..."

"IT WILL HAPPEN!" you insisted. She rolled her eyes.