Chapter 26

"Where are you taking me?" he asked you, once you managed to pull him out of the cabin (avoiding Nifa).

"I'm taking you to the middle of the forest to sacrifice you to a God." you said, sarcastically.

"Oh, good. I thought it was gonna be something weird."

You looked at him and gave him a little smile.

The air was turning cooler now, the sky was darkening.

The lack of light made his eyes glow. They were making you weak. You stared at him for too long as you walked.

This was not a good idea. You walked, becoming lost in his eyes. The Gods decided that it was the perfect moment to place a root right where your unfortunate foot was going to step.

As gravity goes, you stumbled for a moment, and went down.

"OOF!" you yelped, when you hit the ground. You inhaled some dirt, and then pushed yourself off the ground.

"Clumsy brat." Levi said, rolling his eyes.

"A gentleman would help me." you snapped, standing up on your own.

"You're dirty." he defended himself. You narrowed your eyes at him, and then wiped your palms on his shirt.

"You brat! You got dirt on me!" he cried out, backing away. You bit back a laugh as you watched him pull out hand-sanitizer spray and desperately shower himself in Purell.

"Real smooth, Levi." you said. He looked at you, with a scowl.

But his eyes were light. You liked when the two of you were alone, and he could be free like this.

"Tch. Where are we going, anyway?"

"Follow me." you instructed, once he put away the hand-sanitizer.

You took him along the path which you'd traveled on several times, though this time, you payed close attention to the terrain. You did not want to get intimate with the earthworms for the second time today.

The journey was silent, though it was comfortable. The energy was sparkling intensely.

You reached the ivy tendrils just as the sun was about to set. You stopped walking before you brushed past them.

You turned around to face Levi.

"What's this?" he asked.

"Just wait for the sunset." you whispered. It would happen any second now.

You realized that this was a whole-ass HBO movie scene, or a Wattpad story, but you didn't care.

Levi leaned against a tree, staring at you through narrowed eyes, as if he was trying to read you.

You stared back, of course.

"What?" you challenged, after a moment.

He flashed you a rare smile, making you blush.

"Nothing." he said. You smiled back, and then looked away. The fierce feeling in your chest flared.

You looked up to the sky, and realized the sun was about to set.

"Okay, look." you whispered. You grabbed his hand.

Immediately, a shock ran through, and you both flinched, but you held on.

You brushed the vines back, just as the sun's golden light touched the clearing. Everything was set ablaze.

You were hit by a strong wave of peacefulness, and you exhaled loudly. Levi did the same.