A Little Investigation

I'm baaaack!! This is a request from the lovely sapphireblue12312, go follow her!! She's one of the nicest people on Wattpad! And she made a 1,000 fact tag for Foosy...

So anyways, this was the request: 'Hermione and Draco are detectives, each with their own ways of interrogation. Draco is a ruthless menace, while Hermione takes a more logical approach. There is one suspect, however, that does not give in. Both detectives have to investigate, and put up with each other, to crack the suspect.' And it is additionally supposed to be a muggle AU. Here goes!!

Oh, also. Maybe TW? There's a bit of violence, but nothing that different from a scene in Harry Potter. Not sure, but it's not too gory, I put this just in case!!

Also, this is roughly 2,500 words. Wow! And I'm really sorry for not updating in a while, these past two weeks have been busy, so expect more updates coming soon as a thank you for sticking with me!!1

Hermione paced in the National Crime Agency office, waiting for her mysterious partner whose identity she still didn't know. They had been called to the office for an 8:00 appointment, and it was already 8:07! Hermione seethed in anger at the thought of how late they were.

Finally, at exactly 8:10, her partner walked in. Hermione stopped admiring a painting in the office and spun around, ready to give him a piece of her mind, when she saw exactly who her partner was.

Her jaw dropped. Now it all made sense, why her partner was late, why her boss had avoided revealing his identity until the last minute. Her boss had known they got together like oil and water.

So why, why was she partnered with Draco Malfoy?

She glared at him and marched into her boss' room. Harry looked at her from across the room apologetically, but Hermione just scowled.

Even one of her best friends wouldn't escape her wrath. But she would deal with him later. For now, she had an assignment to complete.

Malfoy sauntered in the room after a few moments, cooly assessing her and Harry.

"Granger. Potter." He said tersely as greeting. Hermione rolled her eyes. "What's the assignment?"

Harry stood up. "As you both know, we've been tracking the dangerous terrorist Voldemort for months, and we finally have a lead on his location. Draco, I'll fill you in on the case details, and Hermione, why don't you prepare everything for your departure?"

Hermione gave Harry one last glare before leaving to get everything in order. Chicken, sending her away to avoid her wrath. She'd give him a piece of her mind later. But first, she had to deal with Malfoy being her partner.

After dealing with a lot of paperwork and NCA stuff, she went to find Malfoy, finally finding him in the lunchroom, chilling.

"Malfoy." Hermione said. "Why don't you fill me in on the case details?"

Malfoy looked up at her, frowning. "Fine. Voldemort's hiding at this Manor in Wiltshire, I can get us there. He's with his team of 'Death Eaters', and yeah, that's pretty much it."

Hermione nodded. "Alright. Let's leave in the evening. I don't want him slipping away again." Draco tipped his head in acknowledgement and went back to eating his lunch, completely ignoring Hermione. Rude.

After a few more hours it was time for their departure. She said bye to Harry a bit grudgingly (He was still her friend, even if he did partner her with Malfoy!), and got in a car headed for the manor. They took a quick detour from their car ride so she could bid a quick goodbye to her good friend Ronald Weasley, who worked in his brothers' joke shop (He never did apply himself to school), and after that they were off to a mysterious manor.