Walking in the sun ⛅️

JAY'S POV
When I wake up in the morning, it takes a few seconds to recall where I am. Then all the memories come back.
Crying in front of everyone, making up with Es, partying for Liams birthday and... Louis and I nearly kissed. I groan out loud. Praying that it won't be awkward, I begin to get ready for the day.

Just as I'm about to leave the room, the door flings open and May and Esme come running in, flailing their arms around in excitement. "May just told me you and Louis nearly kissed!" Es exclaims, her eyes wide.
"Can we just not talk about it please?" I moan.
"Why not? This means he likes you! As we've both said from the beginning! If I hadn't accidentally interrupted you, god knows what would've happened!" May claps her hands at the thought.

Shaking my head, I push them out the door, closing it behind me. "Neither of you mention it at all in front of anyone but us three, and even then don't bring it up."
They begin to protest but I glare at them.
"Fine!" They say in sync.

LOUIS' POV
Barely paying attention to the boy's conversation, I don't notice the girls come through and join us as the large round table.

That is until Zayn nudges me with my foot and I look up to see Jay watching me. Our eyes meet and she blushes and looks down at her food.

I turn to Zayn and see him watching, his mouth open with a silent laugh. Punching him on the arm, he cries out. "Louis, you idiot!" This just makes me laugh as everyone else watches in confusion.
I shrug. "I just punched him on the arm, it's fine."
"What did Zayn do to deserve that? Poor Zayn." I look up in surprise to see Jay talking.

Lost for words, Zayn jumps in. "I only laughed at something to do with him and he obviously didn't appreciate it." He screws his eyes up, pretending to be upset, causing me to punch him again, but lighter than before.

For the next half an hour everyone's talking and laughing as they eat. Jay stands up and takes half of the dishes out, looking back over her shoulder at me. I pick up the other half and follow her out into the kitchen.

When I enter, she doesn't look at me. "Do you wanna go on a walk with me?" She asks.
I place the dishes on the side and nod, before remembering she's not looking at me. "Yeah sure, when?"
"Now? If that's okay."
"Yeah, of course."

JAY'S POV
We walk in silence for a few minutes, the only sounds are dogs barking and birds tweeting. The sun is out and it's warm.

A cute labradoodle walks past and Louis nudges my shoulder, speaking for the first time since we left. "That looks like you."
"How?" I laugh, seeing no resemblance.
"Well you like dancing right? And it looks like the dog's dancing."
"Wow, what a similarity," Rolling my eyes I point to a tiny pug. "That's you."
"But that's small."
Raising my eyebrows, I shrug. "I know." I grin showing all my teeth as Louis reaches out to grab me but I laugh and dodge away.

It doesn't take long after that, before we're back in our normal rhythm, neither of us mentioning what happened last night.

"Y'know Jay, I was thinking, would you wanna come to our show in New York? It's on a Friday and then we have the weekend off so we can all go to a club or something, if that's what you want anyways. I'm sure the boys and I can pay for the three of you."
"You don't have to do that Lou." I shake my head.
"I know I don't have to, I want to," he looks at me, eyes pleading.
"Well, if you're sure, of course I will come, but y-" I'm cut off by his arms wrapping around me.
"You won't regret it and neither will I."
"Yes, yes. I know." I say resting my head on his chest.

As we make our way back to Liam's, I know I probably should've mentioned what happened between us, but I also know that I have no idea what I would've said. So it's for the best that no one mentions it again.
Maybe.

Authors note:
Hey! I'm so sorry it's taken me forever to upload aha, I've been kinda focusing on my imagines books just to continue to improve my writing skills I guess.
I also wanted to say a huge thank you for 800 reads! that's amazing to me ahh! I appreciate every single read! 💘

And just to add on from my previous a/n about the umbrella academy, I've now finished the entirety of season 2 and it was INCREDIBLE. I loved it, it was already my favourite show so it definitely is now ahaha! 🥰

Thank you for reading! if you enjoyed, it would be appreciated if you could leave a vote or a comment! thanks again 💗