Cheers ⛅️

ESMES' POV
The whole journey I watch Harry. Zayn led May and I into a car where Harry was already in there. He greeted me with a warm smile which I managed to return but I can't bring myself to join in on the conversation. May happily chats away while I'm cringing at my obvious awkwardness. I need to get a drink down me to loosen up a bit.

Now and again I catch Harry's eye and feel myself blush. I thought it was just Jay that struggled with this. I sigh to myself and tune back into their conversation.

LOUIS' POV
Before we know it our car pulls up at the venue. I turn to look at Jay and wink. "Hold on love." I jump out and run round to her side and open the door for her, offering her my hand. She takes it and I help her out of the car.

Seconds later, Jays hand leaves mine as she looks at the building in front of us. "Wow that's so cute, I love the cardboard cutouts of you guys at the entrance. Not self absorbed at all." She laughs.
"You really think I would choose to have that cutout there?"
"Yes. Definitely."
"Well, you're wrong," I begin walking towards the cutout. "Because I would definitely choose a better photo than that."
I watch as her whole face lights up with her laughter. I smile instinctively at the sight.
"I love your laugh Jay."
"Well I love yours."
I laugh in an exaggerated manner and she rolls her eyes. "You're so annoying lou."
I stop walking and gasp loudly. "How dare you , I'm going to cry now." I screw my face up in fake sadness and Jay laughs.
"It was a compliment, I swear."
"How is that a compliment?"
"Because I was going to say that you're annoying because even when you're doing something that should look absolutely awful , like ugly laughing on purpose, you still look perfect and it's not fair."
"Ah , I see. Well just so we're clear..."
I pause dramatically.
"Louis spit it out please."
"I already know that I'm perfect." I wink and run away before she can reach out and hit me. Gently of course, not aggressively. She sprints after me and we both end up in the reception of the venue out of breath and laughing our heads off. The people working shoot us dirty looks which only increases our laughter.

After we've composed ourselves, we walk through the huge wooden doors in front of us. I hear a little 'woah' on my left. I blink a few times. "Woah indeed."

JAYS' POV
The spacious, high-ceilinged hall is decked out with red and white decorations that would usually look tacky but actually look incredible.
Everywhere I look, there is some sort of one direction related decoration.
There are red and white balloons scattered around the tables, which are covered in white tablecloths with little red 1D symbols on, and red and white streamers hanging from the ceiling.
Every few feet or so across the walls there's more cardboard cutouts of the boys, apart from one wall which is almost completely covered with a huge picture collage of all the top memories of one direction so far.
In the far left corner of the room there is a huge photo booth which I just know I'm going to have to drag everyone into.
There's a huge table nearly filling up the wall opposite the photo collage that is completely covered with all sorts of food: one direction cakes and cupcakes, sandwiches with little 1D logo flags stuck in them, huge bowls of crisps (of course the bowls have their faces on them, as do the plates and bowls).
I genuinely feel like I've walked into one direction heaven. I didn't think it was possible to be even more excited than I was earlier, but now I'm not so sure.

My eyes are still raking over every detail in the room and then I spot May and Es talking to Harry, Zayn, Niall and Liam. I look at Louis and point at them. "There they are."
"I wasn't aware we were looking for them, but there they are indeed."
I grab his hand and start dragging him over. As we walk over Niall lifts his arm in a wave and wiggles his eyebrows, presumably at the sight of me dragging Louis by the hand. I drop Louis' hand and hug May and Es.