Clubbing ⛅️

JAY'S POV
"Which necklace do you think goes better with this dress?" Esme asks, holding two identical looking necklaces up to her neck.
"Um, they both look the same." May raises an eyebrow.
"No they don't! Look this one has a smaller chain and the bird has dots not hearts and this one has a thicker chain with hearts on the bird."
May and I both squint, trying to see the difference between the two. She turns to me, shrugging so I point at the one on the right. "That one."
Esme nods and begins to put it on. "Thank you! At least someone sees the difference."
May stifles a laugh, rolling her eyes.

"Mayyyy?" Niall's voice echoes through the door.
"Yes?" She replies, opening the door.
"Are you guys nearly ready yet? We've been waiting for literally an hour!" He complains, leaning against the doorframe.
"Yes yes, don't worry Ni, we're just accessorising and getting our purses sorted don't worry."
"Okay. Yay." He gives her a kiss on the cheek, skipping away back down the corridor to the boys.
May shuts the door again, turning to us and rolling her eyes. "What a dork, a lovable one but still a dork."

On the way to the club, the taxi is buzzing with conversation and anticipation. Of course May, Es and I have been to clubs before but New York just seems so much bigger and exciting and I'm so ready for it!

I was so not ready for it.
Walking in to the NY club is like walking into a whole new world. Flashing lights, flashier than I've ever seen. Loud singing and laughing, louder than I've ever heard. Strong smells of alcohol and cocktails, stronger than I've ever smelt. All the girls are in bright, sequinned dresses, dancing with each other, some with men decked out in bling and all sporting some sort of fluorescent clothing or accessory. All of this I try to grasp in seconds, before we're ushered up to the VIP lounge.

Up in the lounge, we have a much better view to see the beautiful chaos below. It's a spectacular sight even if it makes me slightly nervous. Usually I'd love to be right in the action at a club but now I'm glad to be up, out of the way, still being able to experience the lights and music but not be in the hustle and bustle of the crammed dance floor.

An arm snakes around my waist, making me jump in fright. "Oops sorry Jay," Louis chuckles in my ear. "Do you want a drink? Everyone's telling the waiters now what they want. But no pressure, you can get one whenever."
"God Louis you scared me and I will have a drink but just a g&t though please." I turn to whisper shout in his ear.
"Of course." He plants a quick peck on my cheek, then walks over to the waiter with my order.

"It's pretty amazing isn't it?" Louis returns, nudging his elbow gently onto mine.
"One way to describe it." I say in awe.
"You look beautiful tonight by the way." I look up at him to see his lips stretched into a perfect smile, his blue eyes glistening in the lights.
"Thank you, you look good too." A blush creeps up my cheeks, not that anyone would be able to see because of the lights and fog anyway.

I look over Louis' shoulder and see the waiter with all the drinks. Louis follows my gaze and walks over to collect our drinks.
When he comes back, he passes mine to me, lifting his own up in preparation to cheers.
"What are we cheering to Lou?"
"To us." He winks, clinking his glass to mine.
"To us." I echo, looking into Louis' eyes.
I take a sip of my drink, before turning back towards the balcony, looking over the club once again.

"Do you wanna dance?"
"Here? Right now?" I ask.
"Um yeah? We're at a club Jay, perfect place for dancing. Besides, I know you love to dance."
"Yeah well, maybe not now." I know it's silly but with all these people below, dancing their hearts out, looking like they belong, I feel too self conscious to dance.
"Why not? C'mon, usually you never stop given half the chance!"
"Mmm, I know."
"I don't want to look like a melon dancing on my own Jay, don't make me look like a melon." Louis begs, pouting at me.
"I think you'll find I will look like a melon dancing compared to all those people down there." I hang my head, blushing.
"Wow. Really?"
"Really what?"