Part 19: Herobrine is Haunting Us

There were monsters galore. As soon as one zombie saw you and Steve, all of the monsters turned to you two and launched at you. Zombies scratched at you and skeletons shot at Steve. Creepers blew up and spiders dropped from above. It was a masaquer.

"(y.n)! Get out of here! I'll take 'em out!" Steve screamed over the moans and bone clattering.

You scrambled away but turned toward Steve and the mobs.

"But... You'll die!" you screamed back.

"I'll respawn! Don't worry! Now, GO!" Steve replied.

You ran off to Steve's house which you now just called "The House". You slammed the door shut right as an arrow pierced the door where your chest would have been. What's going on?! Why are there so many mobs?! You thought, panicked.

Then, you heard a woop sound and you suddenly felt really cold. You looked behind you and saw a wooden block was gone with a skeleton locked and loaded not too far from the hole. You scrambled back and a glowing arrow whizzed passed your head.

"Fuck... Enchanted..." you said to yourself.

Steve still hadn't came home or appeared in his bed. You started to get worried. As you glanced toward the window, you saw two white, glowing orbs in the distance. You went wide eyed. Perhaps Steve was wrong when he said that Herobrine should know when he's defeated. Hell, Herobrine barely knew privacy.

You heard banging at the door and looked through the window-like top of the door. A zombie completely decked in enchanted diamond armor was banging at the door. No sword though... It's not an illusion... You thought, relieved. The door was about to break though, so you grabbed the sword Herobrine gave you. The door broke. You screamed and stabbed the zombie in the face. Blood spurted out of the wound you inflicted.

"How many times do... I... Have to... Die?!" Steve's voice said as the zombie's mouth coincided in movement.

You looked down at the bleeding, green heap which suddenly turned to Steve's form.

"My God... I'm so sorry! I-I thought you were a zombie! You broke down the door... Groaned... And even was green!" you started to shout from sheer anxiety.

Steve moaned in pain and then died. He popped up from the bed, good as new.

"Well, try harder to know the difference next time! And I didn't break the door down, obviously! I opened it!" Steve said angrily.

You looked behind you and the door was opened. You shut it quickly. Steve huffed and disappeared under his covers.

"Pssh, baby. It was an accident..." you muttered under your breath.

For some reason, you couldn't sleep, so you sat outside with a torch in your hand all night, completely awake. When dawn struck, Steve woke up and started to flip out, screaming things like: "Where is she?!" or "Damn you Herobrine!" or even "I'll find her, even if I have to die one million times!"

Steve stormed outside completely covered from head to toe in armor, weapons, and tools.

"Yo." you said calmly.

Steve swerved around to the sound of your voice and ran to you. He picked you up and squeezed you tightly.

"My Notch, (y.n)! Have you been here the whole time?!" Steve asked.

"Yeah. Been here all night." you replied.

"And you didn't get killed?"

"No. I had a torch in my hand. And I'm not that helpless!"

"Yeesh, sorry. And, for the record, I didn't think you're helpless!"

"Sure."

"I'm serious! I don't think you're helpless!"

"Fine."

You got up and walked into the House. I. Want. Herobrine. You thought.

Author's Note: So... How do you like it? I have a few questions, just so I know what to do and what not to do. First: Am I dragging this story on too long? Second: Do you think Steve dying for like, the third time is getting annoying? Third: Am I driving you guys crazy with my random updating that seem to range from the next day to a week? Thanks for answering! PS, This story hit over 1k reads!