Part 22: Something is Off

I did not like that feeling. I knew something was wrong. Something was out of place. Something deadly.

~Your POV~

As soon as Steve came back to the house, you knew something was bothering him pretty badly. You looked at him, concerned. Steve seemed to be thinking heavily.

"You alright?" you asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just... Something feels off... Don't you feel it?" Steve suddenly turned to you with a thoughtful look in his eyes.

"No," you replied.

You couldn't feel anything. You guessed Steve was going crazy from sleep deprivation. You were both a little skittish from your own sudden nocturnalness. You shrugged it off and went back to sleep.

***

You woke up to Steve sitting at the edge of your bed like Moe when he heard footsteps or doors closing. You looked at Steve with an odd expression on your face.

"Wow. You're up early. For a nocturnal AI," you glared evilly at Steve, "I-I mean girl."

You huffed.

"So... Are you feeling okay? You seem jumpy," you asked.

"Yeah... It's just... Something feels... Disturbing..." Steve replied.

You just shrugged and left outside to think. You opened the door to the heat of the afternoon sun only to find a strange feeling. It felt like... Something... You couldn't describe it.

Suddenly, you felt a sharp, searing pain in between your shoulder blades. You looked behind you, expecting to see a skeleton hiding in the shadow of a tree. It was Steve. He had a blank look to his eyes as he drew another arrow. You ran for your life, leaving a trail of blood behind you.