X L V I I I . S O C L O S E

EVERY LITTLE THING
Copyright © 2020 by MischiefMaidenX

——————————

Remember to vote and comment <3

——————————
X L V I I I . S O  C L O S E

S A R A H

When I finally wake up gasping for breath as I try to get air into my lungs, I end up in a coughing fit, clutching at my chest as it starts to burn. The potent smell of smoke and blood engulfs me as a tingling sensation runs throughout my body from my head to my toes. Like your limbs would when they start to fall asleep.

My body for some reason feels like it's floating and as I flutter my eyes open, I see nothing but darkness except for a sliver of a bright yellow light from my headlights reflecting off a rocky surface twenty feet in front of me. It's strange though because as my eyes adjust some more, I notice that the ground...is above me. As I slowly turn my head to look around, my neck stiff as hell, I realize that I am in fact hanging upside down. I'm suspended in the driver seat of my car with the seatbelt digging into my neck, shoulder, and chest, causing unbearable pain. I'm definitely going to have some gnarly bruises there later.

Hey, I guess that's better than being dead, right?Which is what I would've been had I not put my seat belt on.

Needing to get out of this predicament so that the blood can flow back into my head, I reach my right hand up to click open my seatbelt and when I lift my left arm up to steady myself from falling too hard onto the ceiling of my car, an intolerable pain shoots through my left shoulder, enabling me from being able to lift it any higher.

"Fuck," I whimper as tears escape my eyes.

Thanks to the accident, I'm pretty sure my shoulder is dislocated. The fucking accident that Hailey caused when she rammed the right front of the SUV into my left rear corner panel, making my car spin out, then fly right over the ledge of the ravine and barrel-rolled God only knows how far until it stopped on its roof.

I had intended on turning away from the ravine before I met the ledge, knowing that it was coming up. I had hoped that Hailey wouldn't have noticed it there in time and drove off the edge, right where I wanted her. That's something I had on my side that she didn't. The knowledge of the land. However, I didn't anticipate Hailey was going to go as far as wreck me before I even got to that point in my plan.

Fucking bitch and her psycho semantics.

When a bellowing cough escapes me, I quickly put my hand over my mouth to muffle the noise because that's when I hear screaming from far away up on top of the ledge where I just came from. "Find them! Get your stupid ass down there now! No, I don't care if they're alive or not," Hailey's screams echo across the wide-open space. "Just shoot them, it's that simple idiot," she retorts.

Wow, she's such a sweet girlfriend. Calling her boyfriend an idiot like that.

Sarcasm clearly intended.

I know I have some time to get away before Thomas scales down the side of the cliff and since it's Josh's SUV they're using, I'm assuming he has the equipment to do so. Apparently, Josh was a rock climbing enthusiast in his free time like he was some rock climbing God.