Part 15

The very next day, Yash was the first to get up. In a half drowsy state, he eyes travelled around the room and then stopped at the wall clock which showed it was still 5:00 in the morning. He dragged himself to the washroom with his eyes half-opened but, his body telling him to go back to sleep and brain functioning the reverse way. Mistakenly, he banned the washroom door behind him which made Anu and Ma wake up with a  start. Anu jumped in her bed and cursed Yash under her breath, while Ma just shouted his name. Anu and Ma looked at the wall clock and Anu growled. Anu then looked at Ami who was peacefully sleeping, like a sleeping beauty. Anu hit Ami on the head, but this also did not make Ami wake up. She moved her hand to hit her again but Ma stopped her.

Ma(pulling Anu's hand): Anu, why are you hitting Ami? Let her sleep!

Anu(rolling her eyes): Mom, how could Ami sleep in spite of these many noises? Look at us we are wide awake. 

Ma(gave a small laugh and looked at Ami and smiled): You know how much she likes to sleep and don't forget she is the sleeping beauty of our house, and by the way it is not still the time to wake up and now if you are wide awake then go study for sometime and don't disturb her. Understood?

Anu(acting as if she is sleepy): No,I think I am sleepy, so I will take a small nap (fake yawning).

Ma(looking at Anu going to sleep and smiling): Drama Queen!

Then Ma went to the kitchen and  Yash came out from the bathroom and Anu jumped awake in her bed, which made Yash scream who was standing at the entrance of the washroom.

Yash(breathing heavily): What was that for?

Anu(matter-of-fact tone): It's your mistake , you banged the door so hard that we all woke up, so this is for that, and now everyone is wide awake. 

Yash(pointing towards Ami): What do you think about her then?

Anu(looking at Ami who was still sleeping): Excluding her.

Yash and Anu both started laughing and , Ma who was in the kitchen also started smiling to herself, hearing her children who were happy. Anu and Yash started getting ready for school, Anu was packing her bag, just then The Deires book fell down from her stock of school books. Anu picked it and Yash came and stood beside Anu.

Yash(looking at the book): You know what, you still didn't use the book? 

Anu(putting the book back): I don't want to use it, you remember the warning right?

Yash(taking the book again): Yes, I remember but, we could only ask small things or else only small questions which causes no harm, please?

Anu(looking between the book and Yash): Let Ami wake up, we first will ask her, remember mom told us to not get into trouble

Yash(putting the book back): Fine!

Yash and Anu went to the breakfast table at 6:00 where Ma was setting the breakfast table and, Anu decided to help her, but Ma being the most caring mother refused and told Anu to just sit and eat. Ma was a very hardworking and caring woman who used to very easily manage the house and her tutions, she had never made her children do the house work even if she was sick. Ma served the food and Yash and Anu started eating. After 5 minutes, Ami arrived in her nightclothes and a toothbrush in her hand and eyes half-closed, in drowsy state.

Anu(gulped her food and turning to Ami): Goodmorning, sleeping beauty! I thought you will wake up after hundred years. (Yash and Anu started laughing)

Ami(still in sleep): Shut up, idiot!

Anu and Yash were laughing hard and Ma tried to silence them but, that didn't work, they were laughing hard. Ami stormed away to the bathroom and banged the door behind her which made them stop laughing. After, 15 minutes Ami was ready for school and came out to have her breakfast. Anu and Yash were sitting on the sofa and were reading their life science homework. Ami went and sat on the breakfast table and Ma served her food, and just then Anu and Yash also took their seats on the table.