Chapter 28 - My Happily Ever After

A/N

This chapter is a long one as I could not find the right spot to cut it off. We are till on the rollercoaster of emotions with this lovely duo but hopefully they will give our hearts a rest soon, or maybe not? 

Please leave me your comments letting me know what you think of this chapter, if you enjoy then please include a vote. Every comment and vote is very appreciated and helps me to build onto future chapters.

I hope you enjoy this chapter & thank you for reading

Much Love Donna-Louise ❤

"Baby girl please speak to me" he pleads through my sobs

I want to talk to him but I can't, I can't face the rejection again the confusion over his words when he was packing to leave me and the text he sent the following day made it clear we were over but then his words to Ava on the video made it clear he didn't want her and that he would chose me over anything she was offering.

"Em why did you call me?" he asks trying to get me to speak

I stutter my words through my sobs "my heart hurts Hero it hurts so bad" my body shakes as my tears continue to fall soaking his pillow as I continue to hold it close to me.

"mine to baby mine too" his words make my sobs come louder "I wish this could be different, but we can't go back to how it was, and we just couldn't find a way to move forward"

I know he is right but that does not stop me wishing he weren't "I saw a video of what happened tonight" I tell him

A gasp comes through the phone "who sent it?" he asks

"Mason" I think about the moment I got the message and how I suddenly couldn't handle being in this new whirlwind I have entered into of alcohol, cannabis and sleeping in other guys beds.

He chuckles "Of course he did" I giggle at memories of Mason sending his vlogs out to people, always causing trouble between everyone "I didn't know she was going to be there and as soon as she arrived, I tried to leave"

I find myself smiling the sobs slowing as I listen to his explanation "I was outside having a smoke" a sigh escapes me and I know he hears it as he lets out his own "she came out and it was the first I knew she was there I asked about Izzy and she just shrugged her shoulders but when I went to leave the party and she followed me inside"

"I know what you both said Hero" I tell him not needing him to repeat any of it to me "I know it was a set up with Izzy" I feel angry that she did this I really thought she was my friend and even worse is she has been pushing me deeper into this self-destructive path I have been on for the last couple of weeks

"I was leaving Em I don't want her I don't want anyone" my heart sinks, he does not want anyone does that include me?

"I believe you" I whisper, and I whole heartedly mean it for the first time since I found out about him and her in the summer, I can honestly say I believe him.

I can hear his smile, his relief from my words "I wouldn't do that to you, not this time" what does he mean not this time? "I know we are done Emme but one day I would like us to be friends again"

"Friends?" I mumble, how can we ever be friends again after this?

He hums down the phone in agreement "things may not have worked for us romantically but I would love for our friendship to be saved one day, maybe when you meet someone else and it doesn't feel like your hearts going to explode with the ache from our separation" how does he know my heart feels like it's going to explode? Does his feel the same?