Chapter 51 - Hero's Birthday

The lift pings at the same time as my phone, I climb out opening a message from Emme

Happy birthday my sexy boy, I hope you have a good day on set, and I cannot wait to see your face later love you millions your baby girl xx

I miss her so much and spending my birthday apart for the first time since we met is so strange and I'm not liking the distance between us already, I'm thinking maybe I need to rethink excepting jobs around our birthdays and our anniversary or at least I need to demand she comes with me.

Demand? What the fuck am I thinking she will have my bollocks on a chopping board if I start making demands on her again.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you happy birthday dear Hero happy birthday to you" the cast and crew sing out to me as soon as I walk into the hotel restaurant presenting me with a cake for my twentieth birthday and for the first time since I left Emily four days ago I actually feel like my birthday won't be the wash out as I had originally thought, I thank them all after blowing out the candles on top of the cake a smile finally breaking over my face about something that doesn't involve me talking or thinking about my beautiful girl.

"We are going to party hard tonight as we are only doing a night shoot tomorrow" Sherry informs me

"Sounds good" I tell them as I take a bite of my pancake breakfast.

******

Tomorrow is our two year anniversary but today is Hero's birthday and for the first time since I met him we are spending it apart, waking this morning without him by my side has left me feeling empty but I can't dwell on it I need to get todays job list completed along with the classes I have scheduled so that I am ready for tonight's zoom call with the birthday boy.

With my hair piled on top of my head I grab my coat and rush out the door, dressed in my dance leotard I have pulled on my tracksuit and trainers, to save time in my day with changing I have opted to layer up today. I jump into my car and head into town to post off my Serenity Lust contract, I have finally agreed to sign up for another campaign and I'm excited to go to LA for the shoot I just hope Hero doesn't have anything on so he can join me for the project.

As I climb back into my car my phone sounds out in the bottom of my bag, I dig it out checking the caller ID before swiping across the screen to answer "Hey sis what's up?" having Mimi in the country has been amazing, we have continued to build on our relationship spending lots of quality time together when Hero has work or when I head to London for my own jobs.

"Emily Are you free to chat?" she always enquires before she goes off on her rant, never waiting for me to confirm or deny her request to chew my ear off about something or other, this is another one of our mothers annoying habits that she has inherited "I have the opportunity to buy a dance location and I was wondering if you could give me your professional input?"

I am totally confused on why she would want to buy a dance location, but I assume it is for the agency "of course what do you need to know?" I wait for her to reply trying to think ahead at what it could be, assuming it is about the equipment needed or maybe it comes fully equipped already and she needs to know if it is worth the money maybe?

The sound of her taking a deep breath before she starts ranting again rings out through my car "So, basically I have come across a bar that also has a stage for dancers and performers and I was wondering if you would be interested in coming into business with me?"

Shock is what I feel in this moment, speechless with shock. I search for the words to respond to her but I have no idea what I actually want to say, I have always wanted dance to be my main focus if I worked within the industry but... hang on "you mean a strip bar?" I screech into the phone looking out through the window at the people walking past my car shocked by the loud scream coming from inside, the shock I was feeling now turning into confusion of how my prim and proper big sister would ever consider owning a strip bar.