Chapter 38 - No More Secrets

A/N

This chapter is a little shorter than normal and jumps through a lot of different things but please bare with me I promise the story will pick up again soon.

Please leave me your comments letting me know what you think of this chapter, if you enjoy then please include a vote. Every comment and vote is very appreciated.

I hope you enjoy this chapter & thank you for reading

Much Love Donna-Louise ❤

"Hero please tell me what's wrong you have been so quiet since you spoke with my dad" I don't know what happened but dad said it was all fine when they finished talking, even though he didn't go into details about their conversation they all seemed happy

"was it the letter?" I question trying to think of anything that could have triggered this mood.

I can't handle the silence everything was perfect this morning, we finally had everything out in the open we told each other how we felt even if there was a risk of it upsetting the other but that was the deal, we would always be honest if this was going to be our fresh start.

I follow him into the bedroom, watching him strip down to his boxers before pulling his trackies on and grabbing his t-shirt. I step in front of him blocking his exit from the room "Please Em" he pleads with me

I shake my head "we agreed Hero, no more secrets"

With a sigh he nods his head "get yourself comfortable and we will talk" relief flooding through me I turn for him to unzip my dress letting it fall to the floor I step out of it before bending over to retrieve it, a deep intake of breath comes from behind me as he growls "if you do that again talking will be the last thing that happens"

I giggle as I turn to face him, my body covered in a white lace bodysuit with my red heels giving me the desired extra height to have me stepping forward pushing my chest against his "excuse me" I purr as I slide past him an extra shake in my hips to keep his attention on me.

I pull on a pair of hot pants stepping out of my heels but leaving the bodysuit on just to tease him a little more, after all it is his birthday even if he is in a funny mood.

"come on then" I sing out as I head to the fridge grabbing us both a can of coke before crashing onto the sofa next to him.

I watch as he fiddles with the envelope in his hand and I instantly know that the problem is in that envelope, I learn forward trying to retrieve it from him but he snatches it away before finally opening his mouth to speak.

"Where do you see us in six months Em?"

Confused by the question I think for a second "you will be modeling and acting again, and I will be here teaching" that was obvious, at least I thought that was what we were meant to be working towards anyway.

He shakes his head "no not us separate, us together as in us as a couple" he corrects me

I shrug my shoulders "dating still I guess, maybe having a holiday together or with our friends again as a long-distance couple" he nods his head "why?" I ask him

"What about in a year or two?" he ignores my question opting to ask me another instead

I am terrified of answering these wrong but then is there really a wrong answer if we are on different paths for our end game isn't it better to know now I silently ask myself before I answer "I guess in a year we will be back to being boyfriend and girlfriend maybe in two you back living here between projects like a full time couple"

"And what about marriage and kids?" I scoff at him thinking he is joking but the serious glare he is giving me sends a shiver through my spine.

I look at him baffled by the question we had always said we would marry once we finished University but that's not going to happen now so I have no idea when that would happen now "maybe marriage in five years and kids a few years after that" I shrug my shoulders