Chapter 61 - Masterpiece

Three hours she has been gone and something is not sitting right with me, I know she has been hiding a secret for him and I know that she is being loyal to her friend but I'm her guy shouldn't her loyalty be with me instead of him?

I check my phone for a message from her that I know is not going to be there but still I check again anyway, what the fuck is taking so long that she cannot even fire over a text to me letting me know that she is ok. My fucking over thinking is driving me insane and my mother's constant need to chatter in my ear is not fucking helping either "Hero are you listening to me?" she snaps, I just shake my head back at her "you can't put this off any longer son you need to tell her the truth because just marrying her before you sign anything is not the answer to your problem" I don't need this shit right now when I have no idea where my girl even fucking is or what she is doing.

"I get that mum but what fucking choice do I actually have" I wish I hadn't asked for her fucking advice now because this shit is not what I wanted to hear I needed her to tell me that marrying my girl would solve all my problems but instead she has waffled on about how it might not be the best idea. How can marrying my girl be a bad idea?

"Hero if you marry Emily before your contract is signed they may cancel the offer" she obviously senses my frustration and with a sigh she finally utters her final words on the subject "maybe talk it all through with her and with the agency, try to come to a compromise somehow please Hero don't make the wrong choice for your career or your relationship"

I watch her retreating from the room as the glass in the front door rattles, I know exactly who it is when my mother bellows through to say she will get it. I pointlessly take one last look at my phone as I stand to my feet shoving it into my pocket, I am greeted with an empty screen just like I have been the other twenty times I have checked it, still no word from Emily and my temper is really starting to reach breaking point "yo yo yo bro you ready for this secret shit to be done?" Freddie arrives in the room his gob running as always until he stops in front of me taking a second to check out the scowl on what I am sure is covering my face "shit bro what is going on with you?"

I shrug my shoulders, how the fuck do I tell him I am jealous of the fact Brandon is with my fiancée and that they are holding this secret between them that she has been with him and his family for fucking hours and I haven't heard a word from her which is pissing me off, and the worst part is I knew she had this secret before we left for Lapland and even though we made a pact not to hold secrets anymore we are both still doing it so I can't even call her out for it, I mean at least she has told me this one exists and that it is not her secret so it really doesn't have any effect on us as individuals or our relationship but it still makes me doubt if I can really trust her.

I stomp out to the hall grabbing my coat tugging it on calling out to tell mum I am leaving now and not to wait up for us as I pull my beanie over my messy hair and stalk out the door, descending down the steps onto the pavement I slot my lanky body into the Friday night crowd that are all heading through our square for their night out. Freddie attempts to make pointless chatter on the short walk over to Brandon's flat and when he realizes that my replies are not going to be any longer than a word or two he moves it over to mindless chatter about what he has been up to, before he starts to waffle about his flawless relationship with Natalie leaving my heart aching while I try to forget how many flaws my relationship with Emily is carrying still.

"HFT" I'm snapped from my wondering thoughts by the boys calling out to me "hurry along bro your last to arrive as always" they chant calling me out as I flip them off

With a chuckle I can't resist taunting them "maybe if you boys tried arriving last every now and then you would be able to get a girl who wants to fuck you more than once" since I met Em and Freddie and Anton got girls the others have been desperate for girls of their own but have failed to find them so instead they have remained single and have been attempting to big themselves up for sleeping around trying to torture those of us who in their words only get to enjoy one boring old pussy, oh boy if they knew how wonderful it was to be inside Emily they would never want anyone else for the rest of their lives.