30

-Carter's Pov-

As soon as Shay told me about Kayleigh's whereabouts I ran as fast as I could on my four paws and headed towards Withering Brook to catch my plane that was flying out. Hours later, I was back on solid ground and went to my place just out side River Valley where I told Cade and Wren to meet me. I haven't heard anything from Elijah for a few weeks now and it made me guess what the hell he's doing. Walking into my house the guys stood up as I walked over to them and bro hugged the both of them and sat down. "An old friend mentioned that Kayleigh is located in Louisiana. Cade, what's over there?" I questioned him. He looked shocked, and began shaking his head. "I'm not sure, that's a weird place for her to be. We have no family there, we don't know anyone from there at least I don't." I pulled out my phone and searched up Louisiana and what they're famous for but I didn't see anything that caught my eye. Wren cleared his throat. "I know." He blurted out, standing up and walking over to the window in the living room that was facing the clear lake. The snow had melted here, and the gloomy weather was here and now that winter was over, the rain and clouds have arrived. "Kayleigh used to tell me stories about witches, or warlocks in Louisiana. Said that's where some witches came from who used dark magic a lot in they're practice." Wren explained turning around to face us. He ran his hand through his hair, and since he was slowly aging again, his scruffy beard was showing, his height grew, and his hair grew a bit longer on top. Wren didn't look the same as before when he was wolf in our pack. "She mentioned New Orleans a lot. Said that's where she would go if anything ever went wrong with her, that she has an old friend who taught her all the dark magic with dark objects," he added. I shook my head at what I was hearing this couldn't be true. Kayleigh wouldn't do that would she? But I guess in her state she would do whatever she can. "She's trying to get her magic back right? There's only one family who could possibly do that. That's a suicide thing she's trying to do. New Orleans won't help her even though dark witches are from there," Cade mentions. I didn't know how the witch stuff works, so I sat back and listened to what they both had to say. "The Brooks family are the only ones who can bring back something like this. They're family created this famous grimoire, full of dark spells, rituals and other nasty ass crap. This family go way back, one of the oldest. The first of many you get what I'm saying?" He turned to me. I nodded my head. This family was the first witch family and I'm guessing Kayleigh's coven, where the second. Wait a minute.

"You guys, there's a girl back in Dusk Manor who goes by Aria Brooks and she's a witch. She's there to help the twins with family matters and maybe they're using Aria Brooks to help find Kayleigh too. It all makes sense." I gasp standing up as the guys eyes grew wide with shock. "Wait, how do you even know she's a Brooks?" Wren asked me. "I snooped around when I there okay, I had to know what Denice was doing, I'm a creep!" I laugh using my vampire speed to my room to pack my luggage. This was it, I was flying to New Orleans and made sure to contact Elijah and let him know to meet me there or better yet I'll just leave him a voicemail. I was finally on my last mission to get Kayleigh back to where she needed to be, and that was with us and I couldn't wait to get Denice back as well.

-Denices pov-

"Mr. Kahn," I say walking up to his desk while the rest of the class left. I've been waiting all day for my final mark on my test and since I was telling father about it yesterday I had a feeling I did good. "Denice, just the person I was waiting for. I know you've been waiting for a while," he smiles digging into his desk and pulled out my paper on history of vampirism. I notice the big 94 that was in red and I started smiling so hard. It's not a hundred percent but it's close to it and I'm happy with it. "Awesome, I studied all weekend for this, and I'm proud I did good. Thank you!" I respond walking away making sure to give him back the test and turn around when I notice Shay standing at the door waiting for me. "Good job Denice, keep up the good work." Mr. Kahn compliments, as I walk down the hall with Shay. I tell her about the test which I get a hug from her telling me "good job." The halls were quiet after the last classes were over which I'm guessing everyone is in the great hall about to eat but Shay and I wanted to take a quick stop by Aria's or wherever she was located. We were just giggling over something stupid that happened long ago when Shay stopped us from walking down one of the many halls in the school. She brought her finger to her lips to tell me to be quiet and I quickly used my shield around us so nobody could sense us or hear a thing. From a short distance you can hear two voices whispering when I look over at Shay and watch her mouth move. It was Aria and Reid. They were using hush tones towards each other and since Reid was distracted he couldn't use or sense me coming near with his gift. As we got closer to the classroom that was not being used we heard the conversation clearer.