32

-Denice's Pov-

Shortly after discussing the 'The Reid Situation' with Ray and Shay we went for a quick hunt and used Shay's ability to track down something to eat. I told the girls it's best for me to talk to Reid and tell him what we thought of and maybe consider him to go to Withering Brook so the school isn't in harm. You may wonder how come we couldn't just tell our mother? Well there's a lot our mother doesn't know and to bring this upon her, we'd just be a big disappointment to her. That's what I didn't want happening. There's just too much and I wouldn't know where to start. So I was currently making my way to Reid's dorm and since he has his own room I could use my shield to surround us so our conversation was kept private. I didn't hesitate to open his door and when I did I entered a small cafe with classical music playing in the background and people sitting at tables and chatting. The place was very historical and old and as I walked around I notice Reid sitting in the far corner smiling at me. His smile was something I couldn't get used too, it just made you flutter and swoon. His beautiful eyes. I'm distracted. Snap out of it Denice. "Reid, enough. I'm here to talk." I said in a serious tone when he closed his eyes for a moment and everything disappeared and I was standing in the middle of his room and he was sitting at the desk near the window. His gift somewhat annoyed me a little cause he always used it at the wrong times and he knew how annoyed I was starting to get. "I know what this is about. Whatever you got to say Denice, I won't hear any of it. I was forced to tell you girls what happened and I-" I ended up cutting him off shaking my head in disbelief. "You think after all these months of knowing you, you couldn't even tell me you were a wanted guy? Where you ever going to tell me this deep secret of yours or not? I told you so many dark things about myself to you. I trusted you with my life Reid. Looking at you right now, I don't even know who you are anymore." I choked out the last words wiping the tear that suddenly fell. Reid's eyes soften when he tried to step forward but I told him to stop. "I can't trust you. You put this entire school in danger, you should go before something happens." I added on.  Before I was able to leave his room he reached for my wrist to stop me. I pull it away from him when he spoke. "You're right! I caused this and put this school in danger for my mistake. But what I did was an accident and when I transferred to Dusk Manor I didn't know I was going to meet amazing people. Friends who treat me like family. Who made me belong and just feel like home. Meeting you." He says shaking his head. He walks over to his bed and sits down at the edge while I stood near the door. He put his head in his hands, pulling his hair in frustration. "If I go, I'm dead. But if I stay here someone could get hurt and that will be on me. I can't have that. I don't know what to do Denice, and I'm scared." He choked out. This was the first time I seen Reid so afraid of something and I felt bad for sending him away where he'll have no one to protect him. Yes he did this to himself but am I really that cold hearted to send him away to die a painful death? To be captured by these people when I could try and save him and be that person for him? We're his family and yet we are trying to send him away. I didn't know what to do because we have all of Dusk Manor to protect if Reid stays. So I made that decision all over again. I walked over to him and knelt down in front of him and removed his hands from his face. "I'm going to do whatever I can to protect you. Even though you did this to yourself, I can't just let you go like this. I know I said you have to go, but I'm not that cold hearted. You're too much of a good person and if I have to be the only one to protect you and Dusk Manor. I will. Because this is our home and we will do whatever it is to protect it. You hear me? You're staying." I confess wrapping my arms around him and pulled him into my arms. We both cried but I made sure to promise myself on that. And to convince our friends on doing the same if it's the last thing I do.

"I'm sorry I don't know why I'm crying. I'm just emotional," Reid laughs. I let him go and stand up wiping my wet cheeks with my sleeve. "You're going to be okay Reid. We will figure this out together." I tell him and quickly give him a hug and tell him I'm gonna go talk to the girls about changing plans. He told me he was gonna confess everything to Jake since they both been hanging out a lot and he should know what's been going on. I believe Shay told Tobi already so I don't got to worry about that. I tracked down my sister and Ray in the library of the school and sat across from Shay and Ray who were working on a project. "What's the verdict?" Shay asked me. I took a deep breath and exhaled looking around to see if anyone could hear us talking so I put up my mental shield around us just in case when Ray's eyes looked over my head which means she probably seen it surround us. Even though it's invisible, you can still see a bit of the shield surrounding us if you were close to me. "We had it out of coarse again, tears and anger but I decided to help him. I know you're against it but-"