Chapter ten

"Eve!" Davina greeted excitedly. Marcel nodded, before leaving the two of us alone.

"Hello Davina" I returned, walking to sit on the bed. "So I heard you had the special power that could sense when others were doing magic"

The teen shuffled on her feet, suddenly looking nervous. "You're one of the old ones aren't you?"

I put a hand over my heart in false hurt. "I'm not that old, I mean I am, but in reality I'm only like twenty two" I winked in her direction. "But yes, I'm an original"

Davina backed up, suddenly looking scared. "I already hurt Rebekah, I can do it to you too" she held a hand up ready to attack.

"Sweetheart" I said in a calm voice "there's no need for threats, I'm not gonna hurt you"

She hesitated before dropping her hand, and gingerly sitting on the stool she was on the first time I met her.

"Perfect" I sent her a kind smile. "Now ask me any question you want, and I'll answer honestly."

"What are you doing here?" She messed with her sleeves.

"I came here to get you on our side, well the Mikaelson's side. Truth be told, the whole reason my family is even in New Orleans is because they were lured here by the witches of the Quarter" I then looked to either side of me before whisper shouting at her "they want to overthrow Marcel" Davina gasped. "And they threatened a pregnant werewolf to get us to do it, specifically Klaus" I shrugged.

"Why would a pregnant werewolf matter to someone like Klaus?" She tilted her head. "From what Marcel told me, he didn't care about anything."

I shook my head. "Nik cares about a great deal of things, his family, music, art, me." I looked off to the side, a giant window catching my attention. "Klaus and I are married" Davina gasped, causing me to roll my eyes.

"But"

I held up my hand looking at the the teen "I know I know, I always get the same reaction, we took Marcel in as one of our own, Nik and I raised him, the poor boy saw his fair share of our arguments. Although from your reactions I can tell I was definitely the favored parent" I grinned, Davina looked like she was trying to process everything. "Anyway back to your previous question, long story short, Nik and I took a break, he slept with a werewolf, we found out nature gave him a loophole and can procreate, and boom, he has a pregnant werewolf" I summarized.

"He cheated?" Davina scowled.

"Yes, and we're working through our issues, plus we were separated at the time" I explained. "Sometimes Nik gets in a fowl mood, one that always leads to him making the same mistake over and over"

"So? You're still the one married to him" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Darling when you've been married as long as I have, you tend to forgive and forget a lot faster than most people, doesn't mean I'm not mad at him or that he isn't mad at me, but we are working through it" I sighed

"Wait why is he mad at you?" She exclaimed.

"I ran away from him for a while, he has this thing with people running away from him, and now I've got to convince him to even let me out of the house" I leaned back on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Why me? I'm just a teenager?" She questioned.

"You are a very powerful witch, you were able to erase an original's mind, something that few can do. We are called 'the old ones' for a reason" I sat back up and faced her once again. "We are a thousand years old, and from us stem all vampires" I stated dramatically. "We cannot be killed"

Davina tilted her head. "But there has to be some way, nature wouldn't have let you guys exist without some form of weakness."

"There was once, but my family and I made sure it burned, its ashes can be used to put us down, but we aren't permanently dead. Only Nik holds the ash, which means he can threaten to put us in a box for a while" I watched her reaction.

"Why would he do that?" She furrowed her eyebrows once again.

"When vampires are turned, certain qualities about that person are amplified. Elijah moral, Rebekah stubborn, and Nik has no tolerance for those his disappoint him"

"And you?"

I shrugged "most likely loyalty"

"Why stay with a man who chased you because you wanted a break? Klaus is evil" Davina adjusted on her stool.

"Evil isn't born love, it's made. Nik'd probably kill me for telling you this, but back in the Viking era, when we were human, the Mikaelsons were ruled by Mikael, their father. He took his anger out primarily on Nik, although sometimes his siblings or I would step in, and he'd give the beating to us. He was a horrid man, after we became vampires, he hunted us for centuries, we all became different people. More brutal, because we weren't living, we were surviving. My parents in-law forced us into turning, at first it was for protection from the village werewolves, but now it's more of a curse"

"Forced you to turn?" Davina tilted her head, a mixture of confusion and sympathy on her face.

"One night Mikael and Esther invited us all over for dinner, we had some wine that tasted a little weird but none of us said anything. Mikael brought out his sword and killed everyone except Esther, and he didn't do it gently either. Then he brought a human girl from our village, and forced us to drink her blood, she was dead by the time we'd all drank from her." I closed my eyes, memories of that night flashing through my head. "I was eight months pregnant at the time, my death killed our child" I laced my fingers together, trying to stop myself from crying.

Davina stood, rushing over to me and pulling me into a hug. I was surprised at first, but allowed it to happen. "I'll help you"