Chapter 35

Sorry about the cliffhanger... I seem to leave a lot of those when writing.

Anyways, I know this chapter is short but I will be updating again in the next couple of days.

Harry's POV

I could feel my hands hurting from the harsh blows I have given. I don't care though since this is what relaxes me.

I stopped punching the bag and walked over to the bench and took a sip of my water before going back.

"Calm down Styles" I stopped again to see Logan, a friend of mine, standing by the door "you don't want to hurt yourself"

I wiped the sweat on my forehead away by the back of my hand "least of my worries right now"

"Girl troubles?"

"Worse" Logan nodded his head in understanding "I'm heading out. You okay locking up?" I nodded my head as he left the building.

I spent the next couple of hours in the gym. When I checked the time and saw that it was 11pm I  walked into the changing rooms to take a shower.

Once I was done, I grabbed my things and locked up before driving back to the apartment.

I am restraining myself from searching this fucked up town and killing Jack myself because I know that Melissa will hate me for it.

I mean no one wants to date a murderer, let alone marry one.

My family were supposed to visit next week but I had to call up and cancel since they don't know the whole story about Jack and I want to keep it that way. I am already frightened of losing Melissa.

When I unlocked the front door, the apartment was dark. I saw Mel's things on the couch so I know that she is home but it is quiet.

I shut the door behind me and walked down the hall. I stopped in front of the bathroom when I heard the shower on and looked down to see the the light on.

I walked into the bedroom and slipped out of my clothes, so I was just in my boxers and walked into the kitchen. I filled up a glass with water and gulped it down.

I heard the bathroom door close so I walked into the hall to see the bedroom door close.

Normally when I get home Mel greets me with a kiss.

I shook my head and took a quick shower.  I used the towel to dry my hair but stopped when my gaze landed on the counter.

I walked over and examined it. There was blood on each side of the counter, like someone was gripping it. It was still bright red which meant it was recent.

I quickly slipped my boxers on before walking back into the bedroom. The light was off and Melissa was laying in bed facing the window.

I strolled over and laid down behind her "Mel?" She didn't move or respond so I am guessing she is asleep.

I wrapped my arm around her waist to pull her closer but frowned when I felt her body tense up.

I brushed it off, kissing the top of her head before slowly falling asleep.