Chapter 48

"Why'd you do that?"

Once we left the room I grabbed Damian by the arm to stop him from walking away. 

"If you think I didn't forgive you, I did."

"I know you did forgave me but I never forgave myself"

"Dude"

Danny walked out of court room with his arms out wide "What the fuck happened in there?" Damian shrugged my hand off his arm and shook his head.

I looked over to my dad with tears in my eyes "you're letting him do this?"

My dad sighed and scratched the stubble on his chin "it's his choice Melissa. He's been beating himself up ever since it happened"

"So you're just going to let them take him away, for god knows how long?!"

"Babe you need to calm down" Harry rested his hands on my shoulders but I shrugged them off.

"I bet you were the one who called the police in the first place" Damian turned around looking angry.

"I already told you it wasn't me!"

I shook my head as the tears finally left my eyes "I knew you would do something stupid today"

"It's my choice, you need to accept that"

"I can't believe this is happening"

The doors to the court room opened. We all took one look at each other before walking back in. We all stood up near the front and I moved so I was standing next to Damian.

I grabbed his hand and gave a tight squeeze. Jack was brought back in and he had a smile on his face when he saw all of us looking miserable.

The judge came back in and looked towards the jury. A woman stood up and read from a piece of paper.

"Jack Wilson, killing of Amelia Wilson and sexual assault on Melissa Grey is found Guilty and sentenced to a minimum of 50 years no bail"

I let out a breath I was holding but now it was Damian's fate.

"Damian Grey, helping with the kidnapping of Melissa Grey is found guilty and sentenced to a minimum of 5 years"

I held a hand over my mouth as I let out a sob.  Damian quickly wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest.

"Please look after yourself" I nodded my head as I looked over his shoulder. Jack was smirking over to us as the guards took him away. He knew this would happen, even if he didn't mention anything.

My grip on him increased as I saw the guards standing behind him, waiting for him to say goodbye. I am actually surprised that they aren't dragging him away.

My dad was quick to pull him into a hug and pat him on the back. He pulled back and gave the guards a nod and they came over to cuff his hands.

Harry wrapped his arms around me as they started to walk away, to stop me from running over.

"Are you okay?" I sniffled and shook my head. We have been home for 5 hours now and I have been laying in the same position since.

I couldn't lay on my side because of my bump so I had to lie on my back facing the ceiling.

I saw Harry lie down next to me and wrapped his arm around my waist to pull me closer. I rested my head on his chest as his hand ran up and down my side.

"He got what he wanted"

"Who?"

"Jack. He knew Damian would turn himself  in. That's why he didn't mention him. He wanted me to be hurt and he won"

"He's locked behind bars"

"So is Damian"

"We couldn't stop him. He wanted to do it, he needed to do it"

Harry kissed the top of my head as I snuggled closer to him. I don't know what I would do it Harry wasn't here right now.

"When we are allowed, I will take you to see him"

"I seriously don't know what I would do without you" I felt Harry smile against my head.

"I ask myself that question everyday"

THIS BOOK IS NOT NEAR AN END ANY TIME SOON. BUT THE FIRST PART OF THE BOOK IS DONE. THE NEXT CHAPTER IS THE START OF PART 2.

I AM DOING A PART 2 OF THIS BOOK INSTEAD OF MAKING A THIRD BOOK BECAUSE THE BOOK WOULDN'T BE THAT LONG.