chapter 25

I watched as Harry looked around the living room. There were pictures up on the wall and I could easily tell that the little boy in one of the pictures is Harry.

Harry looked quite uncomfortable sitting on the couch in the big room. The whole house is big.

Anne walked into the room with two mugs in her hands.  She places both of them on the coffee table and sat down on the couch opposite us.

"Look Harry-"

"Why are you marrying him again?" Anne sighed "we love each other Harry" this caused Harry to scoff "he left us for a women twenty years younger than him! He probably came back because she left him!"

"Harry I know that you dont like him-"

"I hate him" I grabbed his hand to calm him down and he increased the pressure on my hand.

"You don't bother contacting me for 7 years and when you do you tell me that you are marrying that asshole again AND that you had another child!"

"Is Ben your way of forgetting me and having a normal son?"

This caused Anne to gasp "God no! Everyday for the past 7 years I have been hoping that you would come back home. That day you left it broke my heart seeing you walk out that door"

"I kept having these images in my head of you living on the streets but I can clearly see that you have not been on your own"

The grip on my hand loosened as Harry stared at his mother "how did you get my number?"

"Me and Louis's mum still talk and she got your number off him"  Harry looked down at the floor and clenched his hands. This doesn't look like the Harry that I love. This Harry looks broken and helpless.

It went quiet after that.

"Mummy?" Harry lifted his head up and watched as Ben walked into the room and over to Anne. She smiled down at him and lifted him onto her lap. He whisped something in her ear which caused her to smile.

"That 'scary looking guy' is Harry" I saw that Harry was fighting a smile.

Ben looked over at Harry before standing up and walking over to us.

"Hello" his voice was quiet.

Harry smiled down at him "hi"

I couldn't help but smile. Harry had told me that he wanted to be a brother.

"Who is she?" Ben pointed over in my direction. Harry looked over to me and smiled "this beautiful lady right here is my girlfriend, Melissa"

Just as he finished talking the sound of jiggling keys was heard,  then a door opening.  I quicky looked over to Harry to see that his smile was gone.