Chapter 9

Third Person POV:
It was around 1am, you decided to go and fill Mochi's food and water bowls. You walked into the kitchen and did just that. However, you didn't go back to your bedroom. You decided to get a drink and sit in the kitchen for a bit. Blissfully unaware that Kuroo was about to join you.

"Hey. What you doing up at this hour?" Kuroo asked, pushing to the back of his mind that he knew about your sleep schedule.

"I couldn't sleep. I woke up around half 11 and I've been up since." You said in response.

"Really? You know you should really get some sleep." Kuroo added.

"I know. And I try. But I can never sleep for more than 2 hours." You say, looking down at your glass.

"I'm worried about you, you know." Kuroo said, sincerely.

"You don't have to be. I've been having problems sleeping for 3 years now. And I've put up with it." You say, with a fake smile.

"It's not something that you should have to put up with." Kuroo says, getting up to hug you.

"I know but..." You pause. "I'm not the kind of person that asks for help." You say.

"So let me offer you my help." Kuroo said, with a genuine smile on his face.

"O-Ok." You say in response.

Time Skip:
It was now 3am. You decided to go on your daily jog. You went into your kitchen and filled up a water bottle and put it in the fridge so you had something cold to drink when you came back.

"Where you going?" Kuroo said, getting up from the sofa.

"I'm going for a jog. Wanna come?" You ask.

"Nah. I'm going back to sleep. Stay safe." He said as you left.

You locked your front door and started to jog. You never knew where you jog to. You just jogged. You did it to clear your mind. To abolish all the negative thoughts you had. To push down any unhappy memories you had. You just did it to feel free.

A/N: Sorry for such a short chapter, I wrote this whole story as one thing. So I had trouble splitting into chapters, OikawasPokemon 🌸💖