small victory

[Sera's POV]

My hands shook as I clutched the phone screen. 

Yes, I was scared beyond my wits. Hell, my father just poisoned me for political gain. 

But I was more than just scared, I was furious. 

I had never felt this much rage and disgust toward another human being in my entire life. 

I had never felt murderous. 

Seeing my basically convulsing body, Yoongi quickly came to my side, pryed the phone out of my stubborn fingers and tried to calm me down. 

"Sera, listen to me. We'll get through this," he tried to comfort. 

"But my father won't stop until Jimin's dead or the equivalent. He's a monster, Yoongi. He's a monster!" I screamed, taking my phone and hurling it across the room. 

It shattered upon contact with the wall. 

How could someone be so twistedly wicked? How could someone be so evil

And all to get control over a piece of land?

My fury boiled on, something I've never felt at such heights before. 

And I burst. I broke down crying in tears of absolute hatred and resentment. 

It angered me further that there was essentially nothing I could do. 

Yoongi quickly took me into his embrace, wrapping his arms around me in a comforting hold. My arms reacted, wrapping themselves around his back in a deathly-tight grip. 

Not a second had passed until I heard a faint gasp of pain. 

I'll give it to him, it was low, but not low enough. 

Was Yoongi injured? 

I quickly pulled away. 

"Yoongi? What's wrong?" 

"Nothing."

That's when I remembered. The day after the car accident. 

Yoongi had gone missing for a day. 

Without thinking, my hands flew to his blazer, tore it off and yanked the buttons off his shirt. 

What I saw made my heart stop. 

Fiery red streaks marred his perfect pearly skin, wounding around the sides of his waist. 

His lower back was entirely destroyed. 

And that's when the heaviest guilt plummeted into my stomach. 

My father had done this. 

Again, he had hurt someone close to me. Someone I cared for very dearly.  

No words could make it out of my mouth as I sobbed, my hands hovering over the scars, afraid to touch them. 

Yoongi's shoulders slacked as his downturned eyes watched me lament.

After I had gotten over my initial shock, I flung my arms around his untouched neck, crying uncontrolably. Even a few tears managed to escape Yoongi's hard eyes as he gently hugged me back. 

"Y-Yoongi. O-Oh my God," I cried, grief racking my entirety. "I'm so s-sorry. I'm so sorry."

"I'm okay, Sera. I'm okay," he whispered back. 

I couldn't let go of him. My heart was so torn because of all he endured, and I was afraid that if I let go, my father would somehow get to him again.