Chapter 9: Evidence

~《♡》《♤》《♢》《♧》~ 

YN STIRRED awake, she was pretty dulled out after the recent events occured. Sighing deeply, she stood up from her bed and fixed her hair. The past few days have been very different.

Kiyoko was quiet, too quiet, and nobody has ever said a word to her yet. The boys were a lot more tense than usual, but then again, who wouldn't be? The shadow thing hadn't made it's appearance yet, and Tsukishima had always asked YN about it. "Goodmorning." YN greets as she enters the meetimg room. Ushijima nods at her, and Suga smiles, mumbling a greeting back at her.

"Where are the others?" YN asks as she sits near Suga. "Kageyama and Tsuki patroled during the night, so they'll probably wake up later, and the others should be here soon." Suga says, patting YN's head and resume to his papers. "Is that the route for our supply run next week?" YN asks, pointing at the map in Suga's hands.

"Yeah. I was planning on visiting the market this time. They probably have a lot of goods so its worth a try." He explains as he continues to write down his plans. Deciding not to bother their leader, YN playfully ruffles his grey hair to which Suga hummed in delight. YN exited the room, she unconciously walked down the steps towards the first floor. Where she found that 'thing'.

She quietly and softly walked down the steps as she cautiously looked around. YN investigated around the 1st floor. To her surprise, it was dead quiet, well until she heard a cough. YN tensed up and hid behind the door of the classroom she explored. Someone enters the room, it's footsteps were heavy. "YN?" Ushijima called out. YN stepped out of the hiding spot with her hand clutching her chest. "Jeez ushi, don't scare me like-- wait can i call you Ushi?" YN stutters out. Ushijima smiles a little and nods at her.

He then gives a serious face. "What are you doing down here? You know this is one of the dangerous parts of the building." Ushijima said, half suspicious, half concerned. "W-well.." YN stuttered. YN explains to Ushijima about the shadow thingy incidents. He was surprisingly calm, unlike a certain salt shaker.

"I just wanted to investigate here." YN mumbled. "Okay, ill come help you." Ushijima offers. "Really?" She asked. "Yeah, it's dangerous to go alone." He says, walking out of the room, YN follows him and they continue to investigate around the area.

Sooner or later, YN came across a door, to which she thought was a storage closet, but as she pulled the door open, she found a metal door. "Ushi! Check this out." YN called out. Ushijima rushes over and his eyes widen. "U-uh, thats the basement door." He says. "Well? We have to check it out." YN says, approaching the door.

"YN, the basement is connected to the middle school building." Ushijima warns. YN froze. "But.." she looks back at him. "We'll have eachothers' backs, right?" She asked hopeful. Ushijima didnt know what to do, she could be leading them to their doom, or worse she could be leading him to a trap.

'No. Shes not like that.'  He pushed away the negative thoughts and grabbed her hand. "If something doesnt feel right, jump on my back." Ushijima says, squeezing her hand. She nods and lets Ushijima take the lead.

Ushijima large hand was so warm on YN's small one. He pushes the door open with his left hand and they enter the basement. It was dark down there, luckily, Ushijima always had a flashlight on him. Soon, they were met with a corridor filled with doors. "What the.." YN whispered loud enough for Ushijima to hear.

He squeezed her hand in reassurrance. YN blushed a little and squeezed back. They quietly went down the corridor, YN was surprised that a big man like Ushijima was this quiet.

Ushijima opens a door, and boxes collapse towards them, Ushijima jumps away from it in surprise. THUD  the boxes fell down. YN goes to investigate the contents. She found med kits, food, water, why havent the seen this before? "This stuff could last us months." YN mumbles. Ushijima gulps. YN looks over to him and they both saw something they wished they didnt. There was the bow Yachi used to put on her head.

Ushijima takes it. "This is enough proof that she didnt run away." He says. YN nods and stands up. Until she felt something grab her shoulder. "Ushi!" She yelled as she got the hand off. She jumped unto Ushijima's shoulder. Something grabs on both Ushijima's legs, Ushijima kicks them off with force and speedily runs towards the exited. While he was running, both of us heard the thing yell in frustration; it sounded so familliar.

Soon they both rested at the first floor stairs. "What...are we...gonna do?" YN said panting. "We need to address this to everyone." Ushijima said in determination. "Address what to everyone? Ushijima!? YN?! Are you two alright?" Oikawa asked as he emerged from the second floor; rushing to YN's aid.

"Im fine." YN says. Ushijima throws the bow towards Oikawa. Oikawa catches it in confusion but his eyes darkened in recognition. "W-whose is this?" He asked even though he knew.

"It's Yachi's"

~《¤》《¤》《¤》《¤》~