Arrival

Tina's pov: 

      I sat on the boat heading towards a pretty gloomy-looking island. I was sent here by a lady who knew a woman who lived here that would help with my "Peculiarity." I didn't know what that meant but I just went along with it. Then the thought came to me that this woman might be a murderer...But it's ok if I get killed I get killed. I opened my phone to go on Tiktok before our stupid president mister captain Cheeto bans it. I screamed when I found out there was no signal here. Everyone on the boat looked at me and I huffed and put my phone away.

Once we arrived on the island I looked on my piece of paper to where I would find the home. The island didn't seem like a place for children to live since it got bombed in 1943. I gave up after 4 minutes because I'm lazy. I took out my phone and opened the camera to take some photos that maybe I could post on Instagram once I got a signal. Honestly, I didn't expect much from the island since I'm a pretty basic person. I wonder if a dark-haired sassy man will kidnap me here I mean it would be the perfect place. No shut it Tina you know that won't happen, that only happens in books. 

My whole life I knew I was an outcast but I honestly didn't care since all the people around me are toxic. We don't stan toxic people in this household. I had these abilities ever since I was five and now I'm 16 so really people have been jealous of me all my life. I'm just kidding I literally look like a rat...a smexy rat. This is why you have no friends Tina. I went back to the beach and took a blanket from my bag out. I sat down and took out the book thief because why not. I read for maybe about 3 hours when I noticed that I finished the book. I looked at my watch and hurried to get all my stuff in my bag. I ran back up the island and followed the map that the women had given me. I was about 4 hours late which was of course an awful introduction but the woman was going to have to suck it up. 

I arrived in a little cave that took me a very long time to get to so this home better be good. This better be like some Hogwarts stuff or something.  I went through the cave with high hopes that Massimo was on the other side. I walked into what looked like the island but a lot happier. I kept walking until I finally found a person who directed me to the children's home. Since I am an avid reader I already knew that I probably time traveled, a reason why there was a huge grin on my face. I walked up to a big house that had only one light on which I suspected was the kitchen or something. Instead of knocking on the door like a normal person I walked to the window with the light and stood on my suitcase and stared in the window like an idiot. I saw a very beautiful woman wiping down the table and taking a sip of water every few seconds. She finally picked up a letter that had my name on it.

I fell down from my suitcase which scared me and triggered my peculiarity. I could manipulate weather which was really helpful at times. Since the fall scared me it started raining with a strong wind. I got up and looked up to see the woman staring at me from the window. I don't know what came over me but the rain stopped and I just started running towards the door. I don't know why I did this since I can't even ask for ketchup at McDonald's. I stood at the front door and knocked hoping to make a better introduction to the woman I probably already disappointed. The woman opened the door and smiled at me as she rushed me in since I was soaked by the rain I had caused.

"Miss Peregrine delighted to meet you," she said sticking a hand out

"Um Ti-Tina Pippins um I guess same to I- I mean delighted to meet you" 

She smiled and led me upstairs to which I'm guessing is my room.  So far the women seemed nice and the house didn't seem like a torture house. I decided to make my move and apologize for being late.

"Um sorry for being late by the way. I just got caught up in reading that I didn't notice the time." I said hoping she will accept it. She smiled at me and thankfully accepted my apology. She opened the door to a plain room that would soon be decorated with my dark academia decorations. I smiled and walked inside putting my two suitcases and backpack on the floor next to my bed. I turned around and asked a pretty stupid question that I already knew but just wanted more explanation. 

"Why am I here exactly Miss Peregrine?"

She walked towards me and gave me a towel that she somehow found. "Well, Tina your something called a peculiar which is someone who has special abilities. We live in places like these to keep us safe from the outside world." She said smiling as I tried myself with the towel. Then out of nowhere, I asked another stupid question that left me internally screaming. 

"How old are you?" I said which made me put my head in my hands and left me trying to change the subject. "I mean- uh you don't have to answer I was just- um you know since haha 1943- um I'll just be quiet now," I said turning around and opening up my suitcase to find my pj's.

I turned back around to find her looking at me oddly and I just apologized as fast as I could hoping I didn't offend her. 

"It's alright Miss Pippins," she said smiling "That's just not usually one of the first questions most people ask when they arrive. If your so curious though I'm 35." She said smiling, yeah the smile soon faded once she saw the look I was giving her which was a look saying "I don't believe you." I apologized again saying that I just can't control my emotions at times.

"I guess it's time for sleep," I said playing with my pj's

She smiled and told me that tomorrow I could meet the others which I expected were the children. She finally left and I changed into my pj's which was just a plain polka-dotted one from Victoria's Secret. I looked around the room and looked out the window at the village. I put on my headphone and put on my playlist that thankfully didn't need a signal. The first song to come on was Heather by Conan Gray which was one of my favorite songs. I thought about the fairy lights and mini-library I would have in the room. Also, my record player and plants that I would have around the room. The paintings I would hang up and my art area that would be in one corner and also the statues that would go on my shelves. I took out my sketchbook and sat on the bed drawing out what I would want the room to look like. 

After a few minutes of drawing, I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to find a blond boy around 12-13 with a monocle and dark circles around his eyes. This kid probably hasn't slept in weeks I thought to myself. 

"I just heard some noises up here and I decided to check it out. You must be the weather manipulator Tina, right?" he said sticking out his hand

I shook his hand and replied "Yes, um yeah that's me" I said looking behind him

He walked in and looked at my sketchbook that was on the bed. "Looks like you have a lot of plans for this room- Wait is that a sewing machine?" I had drawn an are with fabric and a sewing machine.

"Yea I usually make most of my clothes out of things I can find. Kind of like Micarah Tewers if you think about- wait never mind you don't know her" I said cutting myself off remembering this was 1943.

"That's great!" He said pretty excitedly "I'm a big follower of fashion but right now you can't really since I'm in my nightwear." he said looking at the drawing "My apologies! he said putting it down and looking at me "Horace Somnusson, I have Prophetic dreams. Which does keep me awake at night." He said the last sentence very quietly. "I guess I should let you get some sleep now but I hope to see you tomorrow," He said looking back at me as he went down the hall. 

I smiled and wished him goodnight. I started wondering how these people looked so young even though they were most likely in their 80's. I shook the thought out of my and just went to bed even though I knew it would take a while to go to sleep. I mean this is what Netflix does to you at night. 

-,-,-

Hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! There will probably be more chapters to come. For now please go check out some of my other mphfpc stories and my Mary Poppins stories (if interested) Don't forget to vote on this chapter, if you want to of course i'm not forcing you =) 

Also by the way the story takes place in 2020. She travellin safely so do no be worried. She gen z too

-Rosielle <3