4.

"I don't like him" Daniel stated as we got ready the next morning. "Why?" I asked curiously. I stood in front of the mirror in my underwear, trying to decide on what to wear. "He's so cocky, did you see the way he smirked at me?! Don't even get me started on when he kissed your hands!" Daniel exclaimed. 

"Babe you're overthinking. It's how Joseph and I were raised, a gentleman always kisses the hands of a lady in his presence. They taught it to us in school" I replied. I looked in the mirror and could see Daniel crossing his arms. "Well, he better watch that cocky smirk before I-" he began to cuss but I gave him a look that cut him off.

"Fine, I'll be nice but I'm only doing it for you" he sulked. I smiled and went over to him, tossing my clothes to the side. "Y'know, you're sexy when you're mad" I whispered in his ear. I crawled over him, forcing him to lay back on the bed. I started kissing his neck and already knew he liked it.

"Baby don't tempt me otherwise we won't make it to the country club" he smirked at me. We kissed, hands exploring everywhere. It didn't take long for my bra to go flying across the room as the makeout session became seriously heated. But before we could even think about sex, the bell rang downstairs for breakfast.

Daniel groaned frustratedly. "Seriously? I hate being cockblocked by a bell" He sulked. I laughed and kissed his head, pulling a shirt over my head. "We'll finish this later," I said and he grinned. "We better."

---

"I still don't like him," Daniel said when we arrived at the country club. It was full of posh people, nothing much had changed to the place. Daniel and I were standing in the foyer watching as Joseph made his way over to us. "Give him a chance baby, please?" I pleaded. Daniel sighed and wrapped his arms around my shoulders protectively. 

"Hello Riley" Joseph greeted, he picked up my hands carefully and kissed them. "Hey Joe" I replied. "So you're the American boyfriend that has captured Riley's heart" he commented. I watched as Daniel glared at him. "Yes, I am. I always will be" Daniel snapped, he tightened his grip on me. "You're hurting me" I whispered as he dug his fingers into my skin.

He looked at me and loosened his grip a little but still didn't let me go. "Miss Cullen. How about a dance in the studio?" Joseph proposed. I clapped my hands in delight. "They still have the jukebox here?! Oh my god yes please!" I squealed excitedly. Daniel held my hand as the three of us made our way to the dance studio. "Riley, look what I have," Joseph said. He then pulled out a pair of my dance heels from his bag. "You kept those? Awe Joe that's so sweet" I said. 

"What's going on?" Daniel asked as he slumped down onto the bench. "Joseph and I used to be dance partners" I explained. I changed into my heels from my trainers as Joseph selected a song on the jukebox. To cheer him up, I pulled Daniel closer to me and kissed him. "When you're ready Miss Cullen" Joseph bowed to me. I giggled, he sometimes did that to address me. "I'm ready Mr Croxton" I played along, curtsying to him. 

So there I was waltzing around the room. Dancing with Joseph brought back so many memories of when we would hang at the club as kids. My right hand was held in his, our left arms were connected to each other. When the song ended, another started playing that was much slower. Joseph moved his hands and rested them on my lower back. I didn't have the time to move my hands anywhere because Daniel jumped up and tore up apart.

"That's enough. Did you know I'm Riley's karate teacher?" Daniel said. "It's true, Daniel won a karate competition back in Reseda. He's amazing" I nodded my head, Daniel wrapped his arms around me tightly. "Hmm, reminds me of the times Riley and I won dance competitions. She's amazing at the tango, her body moves with how you say, elegance" Joseph emphasized. "Okay! Take five!" I called out, sensing the tension.

"Why don't you show karate kid here how well you tango," Joseph said, he tilted his head a little. I laughed nervously, our tango was slightly physical and I knew Daniel would flip his shit. "I uh, uh. Aha...I just, y'know it's been so long that I don't remember and a simple waltz is fine by me but um that's a good suggestion" I babbled, the two boys looked at me oddly. 

Daniel raised his eyebrow, he knew I was bluffing. I took a deep breath to try and steady myself. "I can't, I have to call my best friend, she's a real sweetheart. Lives in Reseda too. So uh, I'm gonna go to the phone booth. Try not to...You know. Actually, maybe you should come with me Daniel" I rambled.

"I'm fine here" Daniel replied harshly. "Don't you worry Riley, he's in good hands here" Joseph smiled. I ran out of the room, I needed to talk to Marcia desperately. If anybody knew how to give me advice, it was her. On the way to the phone booth, I just prayed that Daniel and Joseph would get on but I unfortunately had my doubts.