10.

A/N - For this chapter, please watch the video before you read. It is a scene from the 1988 movie "For Keeps" that is similar to what is about to happen in this story. 

Riley's pov:

I was cuddling Daniel on the couch watching a movie. The bell rang, we were the only ones at home. "I'll be back," I said to him. Daniel kissed my cheek as I unwrapped myself from the blanket and went to open the front door. I was met with Joseph who had his hands held behind his back. "Hi Riley" he greeted with a smile. I stepped outside and pulled the door up so Daniel couldn't hear. "You shouldn't be here," I said quietly. I hadn't seen him for almost a week. "There's something you have to see. It's awful" he said. "What is-" I began but I cut myself off when Joseph moved his hands forward and handed me 3 pictures.

My heart shattered instantly into pieces, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Daniel kissing a girl, a girl that wasn't me! Each picture was like being hit by a train at full speed. "W-where'd you get these" I was trying not to cry. "I was walking in the park when I saw him cheating on you, Riley you deserve better" Joseph answered with a small pout. Thinking back to it, Daniel was home alone when mother and I went out shopping only the day before. I looked at the pictures again. "I'll see you later" I went back inside and closed the door slowly, I was shaking. I was so angry and hurt, Daniel didn't know what was about to hit him.

I stormed into the living room and threw the pictures at him. "You are a LIAR and a CHEATER!" I screamed at him, the flow of tears streamed down my face. He jumped at my tone and quickly grabbed onto the pictures. "What the hell! This isn't me" he protested, his eyes widened. "Bullshit Daniel, that's clearly you. The tan skin. The black hair. The fucking jersey! How could you cheat on me?!" I continued to scream. Daniel scrambled to his feet and hugged me tightly. "Baby, please! I didn't cheat on you, I've been framed!" He insisted. "A-a year Daniel! We've been together a year! I thought you loved me, I wanted to marry you and have kids!" I ranted at him.

He started to cry too. "I didn't cheat I promise! I love you, I wanna marry you and have kids too. You'd be a great ma"  Daniel sobbed. I wanted to believe him so badly, I wanted to believe this was just a nightmare but it wasn't. "I can't do this i-i can't be with someone who doesn't respect me" I cried. Daniel's eyes widened, he grabbed onto my hands. "Please no! Don't break up with me" he begged desperately. "I'm sorry Daniel, it's over" I pulled my hands away sharply and ran up to my room, locking the door. Daniel followed and banged on it hard.

"Riley, I need you" he screamed. He pounded harder on the door, it killed me to ignore him. I laid in my bed sobbing vigorously into my pillows. "Daniel stop! Please!" I screamed back. "Riley! I didn't cheat, I love you. Goddammit, do you hear me! I LOVE YOU" he screamed at the top of his lungs. He kept going until my door broke. I gasped as pieces of wood went flying everywhere. "What the fuck have you done" I jumped up. Daniel ran up and hugged me tightly, he wouldn't let go. We slid down to the floor together, both of us a mess. 

I'd never felt like that before. We were over but yet I couldn't let him go. We clung to each other's clothes in a tight embrace. "I-i love you" he repeated over and over. It was making my head spin worse. "I love you too...I just can't be with you" I whispered, my voice cracked along with it. I stared into his baby browns. What was once filled with joy was now filled with heartbreak.