8.

A week till the tournament

Daniel's pov:

"You're late," Terry says as I walk into the Cobra Kai dojo. "Look Terry, I been thinking and this training ain't working out for me" I admit. He raises his eyebrow at me. "Why's that kid?" He asks. "It's too tough. I don't like who it's turning me into" I reply firmly. Terry laughs.

"You're turning into a soldier my friend," he says. "Yeah...Thanks for the help though" I say. I go to walk out when I hear a voice. "Leaving so soon LaRusso?" I slowly turn around and my jaw drops open. Standing there is Kreese, a devilish smile etched on his face. "I-I thought you died" I'm in shock.

"Don't believe everything you hear" he sniggers. I take a few steps back. "What the hell man, I'm outta here" I snap. I go to leave again when Mike jumps out at me, pushing me to the ground. "Where are you going Danny boy?" He sneers. I sigh frustrated and scramble to my feet. "I thought you were my friend..." I say and look at Terry, I'm just now noticing his true intentions.

"So naive" he chuckles. Mike swings a punch at my stomach, I crouch over in pain. "Fight me" Mike yells. I quickly get into stance but I'm overtaken by numerous kicks. Just when I think I've lost the door swings open and Mr Miyagi storms in, he swiftly takes out Mike. 

"Leave boy alone" he warns. I scramble behind him, trying to catch my breath. "Come on old man, show us what ya got" Kreese calls out, his muscular arms are crossed. Mike jumps back up to his feet, ready for another round but Mr Miyagi doesn't even give him the time of day. With a swift kick, Mike is back on the ground in a mess.

Terry raises an eyebrow and challenges Mr Miyagi next as Kreese watches on with a smirk. Terry's good but not Mr Miyagi good, he too is quickly dashed to the ground. Kreese and Mr Miyagi have a stare off as we begin to back out of the dojo cautiously.

"What are you doing here?" I ask when we're finally outside walking to the car. "I train you" Mr Miyagi acknowledges with a small nod. I feel my face light up in relief. "You mean it?" I double-check, I can't believe he's finally agreed. "Hai" Miyagi nods.

I smile. with Miyagi as my Sensei, I know I'll be just fine.

---

Riley's pov:

I break the wood as if it's cotton when Terry and Mike return, I can tell they're really pissed off. "What's got into you?" Snake asks curiously. Terry glares at him with a look that we all know means not to mess with him. "That LaRusso boy is being trained by his mentor again" Terry snaps.

"Come on Silver, you're the best in the biz. There's no way one old man and a scrawny teen can take us down" Snake replies with a grin. Terry thinks for a moment before smiling wide. "You're right, we won't be beaten. Especially with a star on the team" he says, his gaze suddenly turns to me and I feel confident.

"How are you feeling about the tournament Riley?" Mike asks me curiously as he wraps his arm around my shoulders. "I'm feeling okay, I'm ready to fight" I answer calmly. "That's my girl," he says with a cheeky wink. I raise my eyebrow, he's been flirting with me a lot lately and I don't know how to feel about it.

"The world will soon see how great Cobra Kai is" Terry remarks. He looks at me and I know what he wants to hear.

"Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy."