Chapter Seven

I was excited for Saturday. I talked to my mom, who worked with (Y/N)'s, and she told me that they only lived up the street. I lied and told my mom it was for a school project, but I had much bigger things planned.

Once Saturday came, I told my parents I was going to bed around 11:00. After I locked myself in my room for the night, I got dressed in the Human Kite costume and climbed out my window.

I went up a couple blocks until I saw (Y/N)'s car in one of the driveways. I searched around the house as discretely as could until I saw (Y/N) in one of the windows.

Perfect. Now, I just need to get her attention.

I quickly picked up a small pebble and chucked it up at her window.

*Your P.O.V.*

I was sitting at my desk, looking through some homework when there was a clack against my window. I ignored it at first until it happened again.

What the-

I peered over my desk to see a person down there, but it wasn't just anyone. It was the kite boy that saved me a week ago.

How?!?

He sent a small wave to come down. I was a little hesitant, almost sure that I was hallucinating, but I put my shoes on and went out to the back patio.

"H-Hello?" I called out.

"Hey," the boy said, coming out from behind the side of the house.

I felt my body jump at bit.

What is going on?

"Who are you, and how do you know where I live?" I questioned with a small laugh.

"My identity must remain a secret, and I'm a superhero. I have to know where all the cute girls live, that way they I can ensure their safety," the boy replied.

"Oh, is that so?" I asked with a small grin. "Well, whose hands does my safety lie in?"

"They call me the Human Kite," the boy introduced himself with a small bow.

"Well, Human Kite, I am (Y/N)," I replied. "Can I aske what you are doing here?"

"I-I, uh, I actually wanted to check up on you...you know, since the other night," he stuttered.

"That night that you and your friend with all the tools saved me?" I questioned.

"That would be the night," he replied.

"Well, I'm doing much better, thank you for saving me," I thanked him. "Did you want to sit?"

I pointed to the lounge chairs at the patio. He gave a genuine smile before sitting down with me.

"So, you going to tell me who you really are and what you are actually doing here?" I questioned.

"I already told you that my identity is top secret...but I did come here to see you," he told me.

"To see me?" I questioned.

"I'll be honest, (Y/N), since I saw you that night, I've had a hard time keeping my mind off you," he admitted.

I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not. Part of me felt like this was a giant prank, but the only people that knew were him, his friend, and me...why would it be a prank?

"If I'm being honest, I've thought about you too," I confessed, trying to play it off with a nervous smile. "That being said, I can't even have a hint on who you are?"

"It's a secret identity," he insisted.

"Do you at least go to my school?" I questioned.

He placed his finger on his nose.

"Are you in my class?" I asked.

He gave me a small smirk. "Maybe, maybe not. I can't give too much away."

Suddenly his phone when off. He glanced at it quickly before looking back to me.

"Duty calls," he cheekily smiled before standing up.

"Wait...are you going to come back?" I asked.

"I guess you'll just have to wait and see," he playfully shrugged before running off.

I couldn't help but watch him run off with a bittersweet smile left on my face. I knew I wasn't imagining things, and it turns out that he is a sweeter guy than I could've imagined.

I'll be waiting....