Chapter Twenty

*Your P.O.V.*

Clyde had asked me to go out Saturday with him. He also said something about some party. I was pretty skeptical about the whole thing, not really wanting to go, but the girls convinced me to give him a shot. Truth be told, I still missed Kyle. I missed the Kite coming over to talk to me on the roof. I miss our conversations, and I couldn't stand seeing him around school. It was probably for the better that I went on this date. I needed to get the guy out of my head.

I was almost ready when I heard the doorbell ring. Clyde must already be here. I quickly finished putting my outfit together before I ran down the stairs. I knew that my parents would barge him with questions, and that was honestly the last thing I needed. I had already been humiliated in front to the school enough; they don't need to find out how over bearding they are as well.

"Honey, awe don't you look darling," my mother commented as I came down the stairs.

I instantly hid my face in embarrassment.

"You still going to that party after?" my father asked.

I nodded. "I'll be home by midnight."

"You can come home at 1:00," my mother cheerfully said.

I gave them both a smile and said goodnight as we left. Clyde took me to the Chinese place in town, which the food was really good. The service was a little questionable, and the conversation was even worse. The entire evening, Clyde spent talking about himself or sports- or both. Honestly, I wasn't looking forward to the party afterwards, but after talking to him for two hours, I needed a drink.

Clyde looked to his phone, "Oh, it's already 8:30. Man that flew bye."

"Well, when the conversation is so great," I faked a smile to him.

He cheerfully smiled back to me as he paid for the meal, which I really appreciated. Then we got back into his Jeep, where he took us to his house. Once we arrived, it looked like Craig, Tweak, and Token were already here.

I followed Clyde into the house. The rest of the boys were waiting in Craig's car, and they shuffled in after us.

"I can't believe you actually let him take you out, (Y/N)," Craig snickered under his breath.

I raised my brow, interested in what else he had to say. Clyde was already boring and basic, how much worse could he get?

"First you get caught sneaking around with Kyle- who's dresses as a kite, and now you're going on dates with crybaby Clyde," Craig chucked.

"C-Craig d-d-don't be r-rude," Tweek commented.

"I don't even cry that much anymore," Clyde responded, sniffing his nose in the process.

"Hey, the other guys are on there way. Nicole said they were coming too," Token said.

I didn't mind these guys, but I definitely wasn't friends with any of them. It was clear that Clyde and I didn't have any connection at all, and I felt pressure from that. However, his friends were funny to be around. No matter what, I was just going to be grateful when my friends showed up, especially if they get here before Kyle does.

I spent about ten more minutes talking with Token and Tweek, while Craig and Clyde made the punch. Soon, others started to come, including my friends, and the house started to fill up.

It wasn't long before I found Wendy and the other girls, and we all started drinking the punch. I had about three drinks, and I was starting to feel a light buzz. I also was feeling my bladder on the verge of exploding, but I had lost the girls and was stuck wandering around the house, pushing through people to find a bathroom that I wasn't even sure existed. Luckily, though, when I got upstairs, I ran into Clyde.

"Clyde, thank god, can you show me where the bathroom is?" I instantly asked him.

He stumbled around a bit and eyed me up and down with a grin forming on his face. "Follow me."

Uncomfortable, I followed him to one of the closed doors. He opened it for me and followed after me into the dark room. Then, he turned on the lights, and it was very clear that he brought me to his bedroom and not the bathroom.

"Clyde, I—"

I didn't even get a chance to finish my sentence before he started to creep his way towards me. I slowly backed away from him, trying to keep my distance, but I was knocked onto his bed, where he stumbled his way over me, pinning me between him and the bed.

"Weee haD such a goOD date, (Y/N) ..." he slurred, his breath reeking of whisky.

"Clyde, get off of me!" I shouted, trying to push him off.

But he was far too big and heavy for me to move. I soon felt myself starting to panic, knowing that I did not have the upper hand here. I was about to scream out for help, hoping someone downstairs might hear, but out of no where Clyde was thrown off me. I instantly squeezed my eyes shut, flinching by the sudden movement.

"She said get off her," a male voice echoed, though the room.

That voice.

I knew that voice, and I heard it when I most needed to. I instantly opened my eyes to see the Human Kite standing over Clyde.