Chapter Nineteen

~Time Skip~

*Kyle's P.O.V.*

It had been a month since I last talked to (Y/N), and if I was being honest, I was doing a lot worse than people expected. I was doing shit at sports, costing us the win of our last football game of the season. Basketball started next week, and that usually got me pumped- but it sounded horrible right now. I had a 'B' in three of my classes, and I was a straight 'A' student. I hadn't been sleeping well nor have I been eating regularly. I hardly even saw my friends outside of school right now. I would just go home and sit in my dark room, listening to some horribly sad music- no, I wasn't doing well at all...

It was lunch already. The days go by so much faster when you're hardly living them. The boys were all talking about something irrelevant- that was until I heard Clyde from the other side of the table. For the first time in weeks, someone had my full attention in the worst way.

"Yeah, (Y/N) and I are going out Saturday. I'm definitely getting laid," he said with a smug grin on his face.

"Yeah right," Craig commented.

"She's not going to sleep with a guy like you," Token added.

"So, you think, but I'm going to take her out, and then throw a party at my place," he chuckled.

"Dude, is your dad like never home? How the hell do you have all these parties?" Stan questioned.

"He's back at rehab again..." Clyde said, with a sad face, but he quickly perked back up. "But that's fine because party at my place."

"I guess I just don't understand how you think having a party is going to make her sleep with you?" Token questioned.

"Especially with how lame your parties are," Craig chuckled.

"Oh, I can be very convincing," Clyde stated, with a smug look on his face.

I couldn't help but feel my skin crawl. I looked across the lunchroom to see (Y/N) laughing with the other girls. A pit grew inside of me.

I can't believe she's really going to go out with a guy like that...she's so much better than this...