Chapter 3

"Sure" I said, the biggest grin ever across my face.
"OK then, Saturday 1pm?" He asked, "I can pick you up?"
"Yeah that sounds great!" I paused, trying to keep in my excitement, "I'll text you my address."
"I'll see you then!" He replied.
"I'll see you then." I ended the call, sighing. I, was going on a date, with Robert Manion? Wha- how did that even happen?
I texted Beccy,
'I think we're going on a date?'

-Saturday 1pm-

I heard a tap at the door, "Coming!" I shouted. I was wearing something not casual so to speak but not flashy either. Something you could go and get coffee in. I opened the door, Robert stood looking at the ground. When he noticed the door open, he looked up and smiled, "You look really nice," he said, slightly blushing.
I laughed, "Well this is as good as it gets!" I locked the door and we started walking over to where he had parked.
"What made you want to meet me?" I asked him, as we got in.
"You seemed sweet, didn't totally freak out that I was texting you. That's hard to find in a Starkid fan." he smiled at me then started to drive.
"Well, I didn't exactly know why you were texting me, did I?" he snickered, "anyway where are we going? Have anywhere particular in mind?"
"There's this little independent place not far from the theatre that Jon found a few months back. It's real nice, call Abercromby's. Do you know it?"
"No, I don't! I'm not in that part of town too much. Nice to try somewhere new though!" We turned a corner into a small carpark, practically empty.
"We'll park here, it's just down the road." he said, stopping the car. We got out and started walking down the road.
"So, tell me something about yourself. Have any pets?" He asked.
"Nope, not at the moment! How about you?" I said
"Neither, our landlord doesn't let us. I had a cat not too long back though."
"Cool!", he smiled.
"This is it.", he said, walking into a small cafe, "I'll go order, what would you like?"
"Just a latte please. I'll go find us somewhere to sit." he turned and went over to order. I found us seats by the window and quickly checked my notifications. One text from Beccy, a few things from Instagram and Twitter. I opened Beccy's message, it said,
'Hey, hope everything goes well with Robert! I'm so excited for you!'
I smiled and put my phone away just as Robert came over, "One latte," he said, putting down my drink, "and you chose my favourite seats."
My smile turned into a laugh, "that's cute"
"What is?" he blushed.
"That you have favourite seats" I sipped my coffee, "AH HOT!", I said, slightly burning my tounge.
"That's cute" he said, mimicking me.
"Hey! It hurt!", I was laughing even more by this point.
"Oh, sorry. Are you ok?"
"YES!" I slowly stopped laughing and took the lid off my coffee so it could cool down.
We talked for about 2 hours, getting pastries at some point, then going back to the car and driving back to mine.
I unlocked the door, "You're taller." I said, stepping into the open doorway and turning back to face Robert.
"Huh?"
"You're taller than I thought you'd be."
He giggled, "I have to run now, sorry. Jon told me I had to be back by 4 and it's 3.30."
Smiling, I said, "Ok cya" and gave him a kiss on the cheek before walking inside and closing the door.
Just after I had closed it, I heard a knock on the door.
I opened it, "Ye-" I began but he cut me off, connecting our lips. He pulled away, smiling, "cya" and walked away.