chapter 9

YOUR POV

I cried for God knows how long, holding onto Robert as if he were the only thing in the world. He slowly stroked my hair and eventually I stopped crying.
"Do you want to talk about it?" He said, pulling away slightly so to look at me. I nodded.
"I- you know my friend Beccy? Her cousin- she's dead." The last word came out as barely a whisper and I slowly fell to the floor, starting to cry again.
Robert sat down next to me, putting his arm around my waist, "shh, don't cry. I'm sure she wouldn't want you to cry."
"I'M SCARED ROBERT! I'M F*CKING SCARED. SHE WAS SO, SO KIND AND NOW SHE'S DEAD. THERE WAS NO REASON FOR HER TO DIE. I WASN'T EVEN CLOSE TO HER BUT I'M SCARED AT HOW IT'S GOING TO CHANGE BECCY. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE HER AS WELL. I don't want to lose you." I started crying even more, "I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to- to shout" I got out between sobs.
"You're never going to lose me. Never." He said, pulling me closer to him. "I am never going to leave you and you need to know that. I'm sure Beccy's upset but you're not going to lose her either. She loves you. I love you."
He loved me? I started crying even more.
"Did I say something wrong? I- I'm sorry." He said, making me laugh slightly.
"I love you too."
-another hour time skip-
After I had calmed down, I talked to Robert about what happened, telling him that in the morning Beccy called me to say she hadn't been feeling well and went into the hospital. That was the main reason I asked him to come round, I couldn't get my mind off it and needed him to be here encase anything bad happened. I had never expected that though. I apologised for not telling him and he was totally fine and ~time skip over~

"Hey, it's 6pm. Do you want me to go get some food? You can stay here if you want, it won't take me long." He said.
I smiled, "ok, as long as it's no trouble."
"None at all. McDonald's ok?"
"Yep"
After he left I got up and brought plates into the living room. (IT'S JUST EASIER TO EAT FROM A PLATE THAN A CARDBOARD BOX OK DON'T JUDGE ME)
I set the television back up so we could continue watching Hercules and sat down.
He came back relatively quickly with our food and smiled when he saw I had set everything up (not that there was much to set up, mind)

The evening went by quickly. After we finished Hercules we put on Hamilton and spent the rest of the time singing and dancing around the room. Man, how even now was his voice this amazing.
We sat down, laughing and panting after almost 3 hours of intense musical theatre.
"Oh damn, it's midnight." I said, looking over to Robert who was as red as a tomato. I giggled, "also I thought you were meant to have a lot of stamina"
He smiled, and pushed me slightly "well that takes a lot of stamina."
"Do you need to go home now? You can crash here if you want."
He looked over at me, "I don't want to disturb Jon and Nick, also I don't want to answer questions this late. You sure it's ok that I stay here?"
"Yeah, of course! You can take my bed, I'll sleep here" I smiled.
"What!? No, no, no, I'm the guest I should take the sofa!"
"Exactly, you're the guest." I said.
"Or we could both sleep in the bed?" He winked at me, which made me laugh.
"Sweetie, I haven't even known you for 2 weeks. No. If you insist, you may have the sofa."
He sighed and smiled at me, "i suppose it's a compromise"

After we had got ready for bed, Rob in the t-shirt and sweatpants he had already been wearing, I went out to say goodnight to Robert. I walked into the living room to see Robert lying on the sofa, his feet at least an inch off the end.
"Sh*t you're too tall. Fine." I said, turning my back on him and starting to walk out.
"What?" He asked.
"Fine, we can share my bed."
I walked into the other room, smiling to myself. He knew what he was doing all along.