Chapter 8

New Character: Chopper!

What the fuck??

Gulf was blown away by the interior of the condo. It was huge! He had never seen such a big apartment before and his eyes couldn't figure out what to settle on first.

I knew he had a lot of books but this is insane!

Is that a fucking staircase?? How can an apartment have two floors?!

Oh my god this couch could seat 30 people!

Gulf slowly stepped into the condo, carefully walking towards the living room on the right, his gaze soaking in as many details as possible. There was a massive white leather couch in the center of the room, facing a wall that was made entirely of books, a 60 inch plasma screen TV in the center of it all.

To the left he saw an open kitchen plan that looked like it had been made for a professional chef. Beyond that was a dining room with a table that could seat well over 10 people.

Why does he need so much space? He lives alone, doesn't he? Just as Gulf finished that thought, he heard a bark from behind him. He turned around to see Mew coming out of a room off of the living room with a little puppy coming straight for him, barking all the way.

"This is Chopper. He probably will bite you, so be careful. He doesn't really do well with strangers."

"So you brought him out to meet me so he could bite me? I thought you liked me, Phi." Gulf teased the elder as he stood still and let the little Pomeranian circle him, sniffing his legs and letting out shrill barks to intimidate him.

I should have told him I'm a cat person. Gulf chuckled to himself. Oh well, I like dogs too, lets see how bad this little one can be.

Gulf slowly lowered himself to his knees and held out a hand in Chopper direction, palm up. He didn't approach the little dog and stayed still so as not to frighten him. Chopper looked angry and confused so Gulf figured being gentle and calm would be his best bet to not getting a rabies shot tonight.

The little dog slowly approached Gulf's hand and sniffed carefully. When it looked like he would bite him, Gulf inched his hand back. Chopper would stop, and then walk a few tiny steps closer to sniff his hand again. Gulf had to move his hand back 3 more times before it seemed that Chopper wouldn't bite him. The dog was sitting calmly directly in front of Gulf now, inches away from his knees.

Mew watched the proceedings with fascination. Chopper didn't like anyone, not even Boss who took care of him quite often. Seeing Gulf subdue his baby and avoid getting bitten was a strange sight. Obviously, Mew didn't want Gulf to be bitten but he didn't know what to do now that the expected hadn't occurred.

Chopper and Gulf just stared at each other, waiting to see who would be the first to make a move. Mew watched in awe as Chopper inched forward and laid his little head on Gulf's knees. Gulf smiled and slowly raised his hand to pet the soft ears.