Chapter 12

Mew pulled into the parking lot at KMUT and took a deep breath, debating whether this was a good idea or not. He had raced over here after winning the competition to represent Chula at the Intercollegiate Hazing Competition of Thailand, not even taking the time to celebrate the win with his hazing team.

His hands shook as he reached forward to turn his car off. I just need to see him.

He exited his black Audi and followed the signs around the school leading him to the field he assumed Gulf's competition was being held at. He saw the teams preparing to start the freestyle aspect of the competition.

His sad eyes searched for his Bii and saw him in front of the only team standing, all the way across the field. He saw one of the students shake their head no at Gulf and was shocked to see his Nong put on a terrifying gaze, standing to his full 185 cm, staring the students down.

What surprised Mew even more was that the students immediately took a submissive stance and seemed to shake in anticipation of what Gulf would do. When Gulf opened his mouth to speak, Mew was able to clearly hear his words as the younger raised his voice for the first time the elder could ever remember hearing.

"What seems to be the problem? Did I not just give you instruction?" Mew felt a shiver go down his spine at the deepness in Gulf's voice. I've never seen this side of him.

"Go. Sit. Down." Mew slowly walked forward to hide behind the bleachers the students were moving to sit on, hidden by their movement. He was impressed with his Nong's control of the freshman and his heartache eased a little at being able to see him again.

Mew stood behind the stands and watched all of the teams perform their freestyle routines. He saw nothing special until the Engineering team stood up. He had to admit that they were pretty good and he looked at Gulf to see his reaction. To his confusion, he saw a look of disgust on his Nong's beautiful face before the younger turned his head away.

When it was Gulf's turn, Mew couldn't help his nervousness, going as far as wiping his sweaty palms on his black jeans.

Mew was amazed at Gulf's team's performance, though he was as confused as everyone else for the first part. How did they come up with this? It's so different from anything hazing has ever been.

He crossed his fingers and wished Gulf luck as the hazers lined up to hear the winner announcement. When he heard that Gulf had won, he pumped his fist into the air and grinned from ear to ear. Mew knew he had to talk to the younger so he headed back towards the parking lot to wait for him.

The PhD student leaned against his car and watched the stream of people leaving the field stare at him. He was sure it was strange to see a figure dressed in all black, wearing dark sunglasses, leaning against such an expensive car randomly at KMUT.

Mew waited and waited for Gulf to appear. Just as he was about to give up and head home, he saw the younger walking with Boat and Mild coming straight at him.

"Gulf!" Mew was hurt to see the stony face turn to look at him and even take a step away from him. I've really fucked up, haven't I?

"What are you doing here, Mew?"

"Can we talk?" he said, adding a soft "please" as it looked like the younger would refuse.

Looking at his friends, Gulf nodded and they reluctantly left him alone with Mew. Gulf turned back to look at Mew with angry eyes, expertly hiding his anguish and unfortunate joy at seeing Mew again.

"Talk."

"I'm sorry. I reacted without thinking when I saw those pictures this morning. There is so much pressure from the school for me to bring Chula another victory this year and to find out my boyfriend was not only a Head Hazer for a rival school but he also hadn't told me made me go crazy."