Chapter 9

New Character: Best

Mew woke up at 5 am and saw the sweetest sight upon opening his eyes

Mew woke up at 5 am and saw the sweetest sight upon opening his eyes. Gulf was cuddled up with Chopper and they looked adorable together. He quickly grabbed his phone and snapped a picture of the moment. He quietly got out of bed and went to get ready. He dressed in gym clothes as today he planned on getting a workout at the hazing practice.

Slipping out of the condo as stealthily as possible, Mew made his way to his car, a sweet smile on his face as he remembered all that happened the night before. We are finally together, he thought. The drive to campus was short but by the time he arrived, the loved-up look from before had vanished.

Mew Suppasit strode onto the field, looking intimidating as ever, striking fear into the third years he was in charge of. The competition team at Chula was taking care of training the team that would haze the incoming freshman this school year. They led by example and their discipline was unmatched. Mew ran a tight ship that gave no room for error or insubordination.

"Today, we will be doing endurance training. The course you see behind you is rigorous so I do not expect you to all make it through successfully on your own. That being said, you should have no problem making it through as a team."

Mew walked around the students, deciding how he was going to split them up in order for this exercise to work as efficiently as possible. I have to finish this quickly so I can get home before Gulf wakes up.

"I will assign you to a team. This will be a race; the first team to successfully complete the course will win the last week of training off. The others will not be penalized, as long as they finish the course."

Mew split the teams up, putting a weak link in each one to cause a bottleneck. He hoped the teams would figure it out quickly and compensate accordingly. After 10 minutes of formulating a plan, the hazing team lined up along the course where the students would need to exchange the baton.

"Ready, set, go!" Mew blew the whistle and watched critically as the students failed miserably to get through the first half of the course. They were given 5 minutes to evaluate what went wrong and try to fix it. The second run through went better but no team had completed the course yet.

After the sixth run, Mew could see the students getting more exhausted. The sun had risen and brought its intense heat. He checked his watch and saw that they had been going for over an hour.

"Take a break!"

Mew took a seat on the grass and gazed at his students. I hope a team finishes soon. It's almost 8 am and Gulf should be waking up soon if he hasn't already. Why didn't I bring my phone out today?

Mew quickly informed his second in command that he was running to his car for a second and jogged to the parking lot. Grabbing his phone from the passenger seat, he sighed in both relief and disappointment that there were no messages from Gulf.