The 1st Day (1983)

At the Studio

                  The members James, Cliff and Lars were waiting for their new guitarist to join in. Their 1st guitarist, Dave Mustaine was fired for a lot of bad behaviors like drug abuse, and alcoholism. James was chilling and playing his guitar to get prepared and Cliff was standing beside the wall and smoking his cig. Lars was tuning his drums and couldn't wait to see the lead guitarist. He started to get annoying and started to ask when will the guy be here in a weird voice tone.

"Dude, just be a little patient, he's going to be here probably in a couple of minutes now" James replied. After they waited for some seconds, they hear some sound outside of the studio. Cliff threw his cig away quick and Lars hid behind the drums. The door knob was jiggling and the door opened very slowly. There he was, peeking in. Welcome the new Lead Guitarist, Kirk Hammett. 

                                                          The Journey Begins 

                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

              Kirk smiled and was very thankful to be here "I'm glad to be here... Is it only you guys? Where's the drummer?" He questioned. James and Cliff looked at the drums and they see Lars peeking, but then he hides behind the bass drum again. "Hey Lars, don't be shy. Come here and meet Kirk, he won't bite you. You literally kept asking when will he be here, come on now" James laughed. Kirk smiled and giggled. 

Lars got up slowly and started to head toward Kirk. At some point, he got distracted by Kirk's beautiful face and almost tripped. "You good Lars? Have you drank a lot last night?" Cliff asked. Lars shushed him and finally approached to Kirk. For some seconds they looked at each other's eyes in silence and both of them felt something special, they could feel it from each other, was it... Love? Kirk raised his hand to give a hand shake. Lars raised his hand fast and grabbed his. He couldn't stop holding Kirk's hand and they still couldn't get their eyes off from each other. Kirk smiled so much and started to look away, and blushing. James rolled his eyes and slightly hit Lar's back. "Lars, stop making him uncomfortable, it's so awkward God damn" James pulled Lars back to the drums and he started grinning in a funny way, Kirk grinned as well.

"Alright.. Kirk, show me your playing" James asked and everyone got into their position. Lars still couldn't stop looking at Kirk. He plugged his guitar into the amp and started to play so good which fascinated the rest so much. Lars thought "He's the right guy, just perfect" and started blushing so much. James and Cliff looked at each other and agreed to never kick him from the band. Kirk finally played the highest note and stopped. They all clapped for him and told him he will be the best player for the band. Kirk got very excited and thanked them all. 

They sat down for a moment and started to chat about the stuff for the band and Lars was throwing and catching his drumsticks of boredom. He thought to show off and flex so he can get Kirk's attention. He quickly checked his drum and started playing fast from the left to the right. Kirk was about to say a word to them but started to get distracted and stared at Lars with a shock while James was just starting to get mad. Cliff made a facepalm. Lars yelled to Kirk to play with him so he quickly turned on the amp again and started shredding on his guitar. James was about to say something negative but Kirk's playing made him very happy. "Man, this band will be great!" James cheered with excitement. Lars jumped from the chair and ran to Kirk to give a big hug. "I love you, you are such a cool guitarist" Lars grinned. "Love you too man" Kirk replied with a wink. It was awkward and unexpected but it was cute. James adored seeing them together and softly said "Awww... Lars and Kirk- Klars!"  Cliff grinned and took out his cig pack and gave one to James as well and enjoying the beautiful view of Kirk and Lars hugging.