Chapter 13

“Mummy.”

“Mummy.”

“Mummy, wake up.” I jerk awake when the whisper is delivered right into my ear, my eyes rushing open to see my daughter standing beside the bed.

“Hey, baby. What are you doing awake?” I manage to say through a yawn while my daughter waits patiently for me to fully wake up.

“Mummy, why is mama in bed with you?” Emelia whispers again. I look down and see Lauren’s arm draped over my side and I feel how tightly her body is pressed into my back. Fuck.

“She stayed over last night, remember?”

“But you said she normally sleeps on the couch? Did mama have a bad dream?” Emelia asks sympathetically.

“Yes!” I quickly agree, using her suggestion as a reasonable excuse as to why Lauren is in bed with me, Emelia still not aware just how close her mother and I have gotten. “I mean, yeah she did.” I try to pull away from Lauren’s arms and sit up so I could usher Emelia out of the room but the older woman tightens her arms around me and pulls me back into her embrace. “Did you want to get in bed with us, Lia?”

Emelia nods quickly and jumps onto the bed, her knee hitting hard against my stomach and I grunt at the pain. “Sorry, mummy.” I manage to turn over onto my back and though I’ve stayed in Lauren’s arms, she recognises movement and tugs me closer to her again. Emelia situates herself on top of my stomach and fortunately on top of the duvet because I am still only in panties and Lauren’s large erection would be difficult to conceal.

“How did you sleep last night, baby?” I ask my daughter who seems to be fully awake and wearing one of the sweetest smiles I have ever seen on her.

“Really good.”

“Why are you smiling so much?” I playfully ask her, poking my daughter in the stomach as she weakly fights me off. Emelia denies that she is and buries her face into my neck to hide her still smiley face which translates into a loud, adorable laugh when I start to tickle her. My daughter fidgets in my lap, arms trying to fight mine off and legs flailing about on the bed which ultimately wakes up Lauren.

“Good morning,” her husky voice greets, her eyes opening slowly to reveal Emelia’s matching emerald orbs. “And good morning to you, princess,” Lauren reaches up to our daughter and strokes at her cheek causing the young girl to stretch her smile.

“Mummy said that you had a bad dream,” Lauren’s eyebrows furrow in confusion and looks toward me in silent question, “and that’s why you’re in bed with mummy.” Her eyes comically widen when she assesses the situation, realising that Emelia has caught them in bed together. “Are you ok now?”

“Much better now, thank you,” Lauren encircles our daughter’s waist with her arm and tugs Emelia closer to her so the small girl falls in the newly created gap between Lauren and I. We turn on our sides so we both can face our daughter who lays between us, still smiling to herself.

“So are you going to tell me what’s got you all smiley this morning?” I prod our daughter again. It takes a few seconds of her blushing and hiding again for Emelia to finally answer.

“Because mama’s here with us and like having you both with me.”

“I like having your mama with us too,” I whisper in the blushing girl’s ear, making her giggle again. The tender moment between the three of us is destroyed by a phone ringing, mine this time, and Lauren stands up to fetch my phone and a t-shirt once she realises that I’m still nude from the waist up. I put on the shirt that Lauren gave me, take the phone from her and walk toward the corridor.