Chapter 29.5

Guys this one is very long...i was shocked as well (author did great tho)

Camila’s POV

“Lia! Could you and the girls go and get some of the lighter stuff for your room and bring it into the house? Your Aunts will grab the things from the van for you,” I shout to my daughter who continues to run through the house and attempting to hurdle over the boxes. At the idea of helping, the three little girls, including Khiara and Sasha, quickly nod their heads and move toward the van parked outside where Dinah and Normani are unloading everything.

Lauren said I shouldn’t be doing any heavy lifting and should just boss people around all day and though it was fun for a moment, giving Dinah and everyone else orders, it quickly got boring. From the boxes that the women unloaded from the van, Ally and I decided to bring the lighter ones into the house, placing them in their respective rooms. I walk through the corridor of my new home with a box of heavy books and head toward the living room, passing Leon and Jonathon on the way who, between them, are carrying a large dining room table to deposit in the kitchen.

Six months pregnant and Lauren tells me over a fancy dinner in a fancy restaurant that Emelia and I are moving into her house so she could be close to us all, and she wouldn’t be taking no for an answer. Not even two weeks later and Leon had managed to loan a van from his work to transfer all of Emelia and I’s things from our home with Dinah to our new home with Lauren. Our things including that of the furniture we had also bought after an expensive trip to IKEA.

I hadn’t realised the first times I visited Lauren’s house but after a while, I realised just how bare it was. She clearly hadn’t spent too much time and effort into turning her house into a cosy family home. Primarily because she thought she would never live here with her own family. Lauren had already converted one of the spare bedrooms into Emelia’s room for nights she would stay over, and that was the only room really decorated and furnished properly.

After accepting her offer for Emelia and I to live with her, we quickly decided to try our best at making this a family home that we would appreciate. We have replaced her white couch with something more practical now that we’re going to have messy children running around. We have had to buy an entertainment unit so all of the wires from her television and gaming system aren’t a hazard to anyone. We’re in the process of turning her chic, bachelor-pad looking house into the family home she has always wanted. She was never a bachelor anyway.

“Ah, I’ll take this!” Lauren’s voice interrupts, meeting me at the entrance of the living room and taking the box from my hands, depositing a kiss on my lips as she does so. “Relax, baby. Don’t strain your body with heavy boxes.”

“Lauren, they’re books.”

“They’re heavy books. Carry the cushions,” she says with a wink, holding my hands in hers after she puts the box on top of the others in the living room. “How are you feeling?” I probably get this question ten times a day. It’s endearing and equally annoying. But she’s loving and protective – she can’t help it.

“I’m good. The baby’s kicking a lot today. Maybe she’s just as excited as I am about moving in with you.” I wrap my arms around the back of Lauren’s neck and steer her lips in toward mine.

“Well that makes three of us.” Lauren smiles softly and holds her hand to my tummy, giggling against my lips when she quickly feels the little one kick against her hand. With the sound of small feet running down the stairs and our daughter laughing excitedly, Lauren adds, “let’s make that four of us.”