Chapter Twelve

Logan wasn't sure why he felt the need to get home as soon as possible, the next day. But whatever gave him the feeling, he was grateful for. Because when he walked in to his house with James behind him, he heard the sound that meant that he had a voice mail on his house phone. When he pressed play on the machine, he felt his knees buckle. The next thing he knew, he was falling backwards into James' arms.

"Mr. Mitchell?" A male's voice hesitantly said. "This is Dr. Joanne Mitchell's doctor, and I just wanted to say that there was a mix up with what you were told about your mother…" He trailed off for a second, and before continuing, he left out a sigh. "I wish I could tell you this in person, but… your mother's fine. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she woke up within the next week."

Logan couldn't believe what he was being told, but he didn't wanna think about the fact that he almost lost the one person that had always been with him. So, instead of thinking, he turned around in James' arms and wrapped his arms around James' neck.

They stood like that for what seemed like eternity, Logan standing on his tip toes, trying to reach James, and James with his arms wrapped securely around Logan's waist. Neither of them complained, though; because they didn't mind the feeling of the other as close as possible.

"We're supposed to be in school today, James." Logan whispered in James' ear.

Laughing because Logan was being himself, even when something really big was happening, James said, "Would you rather be in school, or go see your mom at the hospital?" Even though James knew the answer, he asked to make sure that his assumption was correct.

"Do you think they'd let me see her? Even when she's still asleep?" Logan asked, hopeful.

He wanted to see his mother, but would they honestly let him go in her room? He hoped so, but he wanted to see if James thought they would. So much for being the smart one… Logan thought.

"I don't see why not. She's just sleeping…"

"I guess that's true." Logan said. "You think we should tell Kendall and Carlos?"

"We can tell them after school. Right now, let's just go and see your mother." James smiled and took Logan's hand.

Making their way to the front door, Logan moved his hand a little to intertwine his hand with James.

Logan didn't understand why they acted like they were dating, because neither of them had said anything that made it seem like they were. Sure, Logan had realized that he was gay…but it wasn't that he or James had asked the other anything about dating. But Logan had to admit that he was enjoying the carefree feeling that he always got when he was close to James. And, if James asked him, he would definitely agree to date the pretty boy.

He knew that James wasn't ready to label them, considering James wasn't ready to come out of the closet to everyone. And James hadn't talked to Kendall about the other day, and Kendall hasn't asked. So, Logan wasn't sure what Kendall thought about James and him. But it wasn't like Kendall was going around talking shit about them; or hated them, because he was still hanging out with the two of them.

Logan didn't think too much about it, though, because they had gotten into the car, and started to drive towards the hospital just like yesterday. And Logan was anxious about seeing his mother; especially in the condition that she was in. he wasn't sure what she would look like, now that she had been in a wreck. But that wasn't stopping him from seeing his mother, because he didn't care what she looked like. She was his mother, and all that mattered was that she was alive.

XxX

Walking into the room that his mother was in, Logan wasn't sure what he was expecting to see. But when he got in there, he noticed that she had a couple big cuts on her; there was one on her forehead, one on her right arm, and one on her left leg. Her left arm was in a cast, and so was her left leg; probably the side that the other car had hit.